General Ledger Accountant
Salary £19,000 - £23,000 per annum
Location Sutton ColdfieldFULL_TIME
Consultant Robert McShane
Date posted 06 November 20192019-11-06 2020-01-05 accountancy Sutton Coldfield West Midlands GB GBP 19000 23000 23000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a General Ledger Accountant at a leading Sutton Coldfield based company on a temporary to permanent basis. Working within a thriving finance team you will be you will be the key P&L contact for the market and be responsible for performing the P&L review function, analysing and ensuring the accuracy of all accounting entries.
As the General Ledger Accountant your responsibilities will include:
• Applies diligence to ensure integrity and accuracy of inputs and financial data
• Prepares and researches monthly reconciliations of assigned balance sheet accounts
• Manages and performs the month end close process (i.e. Utilities, Accruals, Prepayments and Transfers) to ensure timely, complete and accurate information flow
• Prepares, review and distributes monthly reports that add value and demonstrate timely, accurate and complete accounting
• Learns and applies the company policies and control procedures to safeguard the financial integrity of the company
• Ensures that reconciliations, accounting policies and procedures are followed at all times, in line with internal control policy
• Review stores sales ledgers and follow up on any exceptions to assure the accuracy of sales and deposit information.
• Maintain the financial statements of Cost Centres, which include the preparation of general ledger entries, month end accruals, prepayments, responding to exceptions based on predetermined criteria, and preparing any adjusting entries as needed.
• Service Operations by producing accurate P&L’s, timely follow-up on their requests and needs, and providing financial/accounting training
• Carries out all transactional accounting duties associated with excellent customer communication and effective processes.
• Profitability Analysis and Reporting
As a General Ledger Accountant, you will have/be:
• Customer obsessed
• Effective team player with good interpersonal skills
• Ability to prioritise tasks and solve service problems to drive results
• Inquiring mind to challenge the status quo and demonstrate relentless continuous improvement
• An active learner, with an aptitude for developing knowledge and technical expertise in Finance
• Good communicator, presenting information with purpose
• High level of accuracy, and attention to detail.
• Professional manner with a “can do” attitude
To express your interest in this General Ledger Accountant position please apply direct or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org