Part-Time Accounts Assistant
Salary £18,000 - £22,000 per annum
Consultant Lucy Govan
Date posted 18 April 20192019-04-18 2019-06-17 accountancy UK Robert Walters
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a part-time Accounts Assistant at an excellent Manchester City Centre-based business. Providing great exposure to all elements of transactional finance, this role is an exceptional entry into the working world of finance on a 2 day per week basis.
As an Accounts Assistant, your responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining the purchase ledger – processing and coding invoices, distributing invoices for approval, preparing payment runs
- Creating sales invoices and distributing these to clients
- Checking and processing monthly staff expenses
- Preparing monthly review documents
- Uploading all transactions onto financial system
- Updating the cash book on a weekly basis
- Coding transactions, matching them to nominal codes and ledgers
- Posting cash transactions
- Bank reconciliations
As an Accounts Assistant, you will have/be:
- Previous experience working in a finance environment is ideal, with a minimum of an understanding of finance (actively studying AAT or a finance-related course)
- High attention to detail
- Strong communicator – both verbally and written
- Able to work well independently and as part of a team
- Committed to developing your career within finance
This is a brilliant opportunity for someone to develop their understanding of finance with a dynamic and exciting company in state of the art offices.
For more information on this, or any other finance roles in Manchester City Centre, please contact Lucy Govan @ Robert Walters on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0161 240 7476.