Salary Up to £18,000 per annum
Consultant Robert McShane
Date posted 26 March 20192019-03-26 2019-05-25 accountancy Birmingham West Midlands GB GBP 18000 18000 18000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
A brilliant opportunity for a Trainee Accountant has recently become available at leading business based in central Birmingham, reporting directly into the Financial Reporting Manager, you will support the finance team within a range of accounting duties.
About the Trainee Accountant Position:
This role will suit a recent Finance Graduate or an AAT qualified individual.
• Maintenance of the purchase ledgers across all group companies. Duties to include, but not limited to, recording authorised purchase invoices, reconciling trade creditor ledgers, producing BACS and cheque payment runs and dealing with queries from suppliers
• Production of working papers to be used in month end management accounts, including reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, control account creditors, fixed assets, bank, other debtors
• Process and monitor staff expenses across all group companies, including assisting with production of payment runs using new expenses software
• Provide support where needed on additional finance tasks such as bank reconciliations and telephone queries from internal and external sources (suppliers, customers and admin staff)
• Provide support to the sales ledger team
• Invoicing customers and dealing with their queries in a timely manner to maintain a high level of communication and customer service
• Play a role in the ongoing development of the finance software system by quickly adapting to new processes and being proactive in identifying issues and possible solutions
• Contribute to the working papers to support year-end statutory accounts production, and work as necessary with external auditors during and after fieldwork in relation to specific queries raised on processes and reconciliations
Essential Experience of the Trainee Accountant:
You will be educated to A-level standard (or equivalent) and will have a minimum 6 months experience of working in an accounts department.
• Excellent attention to detail
• The ability to prioritise a varied workload and work to tight deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively – both verbally and written Ability to work effectively with both internal and external clients
• A methodical and self-motivated approach to work
• The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Strong knowledge of MS office, Excel and Word
To express your interest in this position please apply direct or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org