Researcher - Executive Search
Consultant Serena Pook
Date posted 30 May 2017
A unique opportunity has arisen in our Executive Search team which has been established since 2008. Specialising in offering retained search solutions for Executive Level hiring in the Finance, Commerce & Industry space you will be part of a well established team and contribute to their ongoing success.
The primary function for the Researcher is to manage the candidate relationship and be the market expert for candidates and consultants in the Executive level of the Finance market. You'll be expected to promote a positive presence in the industry, representing Robert Walters to an exceptional standard, whilst keeping up to date with market trends.
Research and Job Management
- Market mapping Executive and Director level Finance professionals in the Commerce and Industry sector, calling and meeting prospective candidates
- Managing job adverts and the full application process ensuring all candidates receive a suitable response and becoming the initial point of contact for the Executive Search team
- Maintaining a category system for all candidates and managing all appropriate communication
- Generating candidates through head hunting and selected methods of candidate attraction ensuring database is kept up to date at all times
- Organising and conducting candidate meetings, coordinating interviews with C level candidates liaising directly with the team and external stakeholders at PA / Director level
- Developing strong relationships internally and externally, being able to think on your feet and respond to queries in an appropriate timeframe with a high level of professionalism
- Assisting with interview preparation for candidates prior to them meeting a prospective employer
- Identifying market trends by speaking to candidates and sharing this knowledge during client meetings and with the wider team
- Become a subject matter expert in the market of Qualified Finance in order to provide consultative advice to clients and candidates in the market
- Proactively manage relationships with all candidates, whether placed by Robert Walters or not
- Ensuring regular contact with candidates by providing feedback and communication is kept up to date at all times
Key Focus areas:
Demonstrates self-motivation and a drive to succeed on a personal and team level. Willing to learn, taking an open attitude to new experiences and situations. Makes an effort to improve knowledge, competencies, ability and performance. Able to reflect on learning to improve personal understanding and develop new knowledge and skills. Considers the effects of their actions, ideas and decisions on the <<Director/Managing Director/CEO>> and the wider team. Understands the relationship between their own function and other parts of the Group. Shows commitment to, and aligns own behaviour with, the objectives, goals, values and culture of Robert Walters.
Shows determination to make things happen, even under pressure, and consistently strives to achieve all goals. Follows tasks through in detail to deliver quality and precision, checking work and information for accuracy and completion. Demonstrates a tenacious spirit to overcome obstacles in order to achieve results.
Demonstrates the ability to work harmoniously in a team environment. Ensures their own work is always done efficiently and effectively using core Robert Walters processes and procedures. Engages and develops positive relationships with others internally and externally. Relates well to people at all levels. Prepared to ask others for help and work together to support the delivery of objectives.
Creative Problem Solving
Able to use initiative and knowledge to ensure maximum efficiency. Able to identify connections and trends between situations and events to begin building knowledge for action in the future. Demonstrates entrepreneurial spirit and thinking. Recognises the value of new opportunities and their strategic importance to the long term direction of the company
To be successful in this role you will need to be naturally personable, detail oriented and process driven. You will possess a confident manner in order to approach passive and non passive candidates with credibility. Although no previous recruitment experience is necessary, the following skills or experience would be desired:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
- Experience working with in a large corporate organisation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional time management and organisation skills
- Strong analytical skills
Please contact Serena Pook directly on email@example.com / 0207 509 8482 to find out more or to apply.