Salary £18000 - £20000 per annum
Consultant Charlie Pearson
Date posted 19 October 2016
A Retail company have a new opportunity for a Junior Finance Assistant due to internal promotions. Based in Central London, it's an ideal opportunity for someone with 6-12 months finance experience, having work experience or an internship for example, now seeking a permanent position with study support.
Working closely with the Financial Controller and the Management Accountant, the Junior Finance Assistant role is ideal for a flexible, quick-learning individual who is keen to get involved in all facets of the finance function.
The main areas of responsibility of the Junior Finance Assistant are:
- Responsible for the company purchase ledger – receiving invoices, confirming approval for payment, input of invoices onto Finance system and processing payments
- Responsible for the company sales ledger – producing invoices, confirming receipts, input of sales invoices and receipts onto Finance system
- Production of the weekly debtor analysis report along with debt collection activities
- Matching cash payments and bank transfers to orders taken by sales staff
- Completion of bank reconciliations
- Completion of supplier reconciliations
- Other ad hoc duties as required
Experience with excel & ideally an accounting package would be excellent- however I want someone who's keen to work in a fast paced business, wanting to learn & develop.
If you'd like to apply, please send your CV ASAP to email@example.com