Planning and Analysis Accountant
Salary £65,000 - £70,000 per annum
Consultant Dan Jackson
Date posted 02 December 20192019-12-02 2020-01-31 banking London London GB GBP 65000 70000 70000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Are you experienced accountant looking for a new challenge? My client has an excellent opportunity to join their Planning and Analysis team within Corporate and Investment and Banking division. The team directly supports the business by driving the development and delivery of reporting and management information across the division.
Planning and Analysis Manager
This is a wide-ranging role that involves direct engagement with the specific Business Heads to understand the drivers of current and future business performance and develops financial and non-financial reporting to drive management decision making.
- Develop an understanding the current financial reporting infrastructure, processes & time-lines.
- Work with the business’s heads and key finance stakeholders to understand drivers of business performance and the requirements of management information.
- Implement the provision of standardised, routine, reliable, accurate and timely management information required for decision making by senior management by working with peers to understand where standardisation is lacking and where best practise can be adopted.
- Drive the reporting of business performance, forecasting and budgeting to ICIB P&A consolidated team and ICIB management
- Work closely with ICIB Financial control team to assist in the delivery of reliable month end information
- Build routines to ensure that the desired information can be produced to a consistently high standard on a periodic basis (monthly / quarterly).
- Engage IT teams to automate and improve reporting routines. Ensure high quality analysis
- Assist with ad hoc reporting at a CIB consolidated level for management reporting purposes
What skills and knowledge are we looking for?
- Strong accountancy experience in a constantly changing environment
- Financial and Management Accounting knowledge for a banking or trading business
- Prior planning and analysis experience are essential
- Capital Market business products and processes
- Understanding of relevant risks and controls
- Strong Excel and data manipulation skills
- Knowledge of Hyperion or other MIS systems
- Regulatory Knowledge as applicable to role (compulsory)
If you feel you have the right skill set and Banking background, then please do get in touch with a CV to email@example.com and I'll be in touch.