Salary £50,000 - £60,000 per annum
Consultant Isabel Evans
Date posted 24 May 20192019-05-24 2019-07-23 property-and-housing London London GB GBP 50000 60000 60000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
My client, a UK listed retail property company, are currently recruiting for a Commercial Accountant to join their Central London head office.
The Commercial Accountant will take financial ownership for a number of key retail assets throughout the UK. They will act as a finance business partner for the asset managers, and look after everything from the monthly reporting, budgeting, planning, strategy and various ad hoc projects.
The role will have particular involvement with joint venture partners, so experience working in a real estate or similar industry where JVs are common is highly desirable.
The Commercial Accountant will manage two junior accountants, so prior managerial experience is vital for this role.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join an industry leader, in a truly commercial and business facing finance role.
Key responsibilities include:
- Finance Business Partner to Senior Asset Managers, supporting with assessment of new deals and commercial decision making.
- Build strong relationships with joint venture partners and asset management teams to ensure a thorough understanding of the business, and to aid in accurate preparation of accounts and forecasts.
- Directly supervise, line manage and mentor two members of staff
- Investigate variances to budget/forecast/prior periods and to provide succinct insightful commentary on the variances to senior management.
- Prepare annual budgets and 10-year strategic plan financials in line with Asset Managers’ letting strategies.
- To maintain full back-up for journals, and where appropriate, to provide signed-off balance sheet reconciliations.
- To assist with queries from internal and external auditors, investor relations or other stakeholders.
- To undertake additional duties as required.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
- Prior experience in business partnering and analysis
- Previous line management experience
- Real estate/joint venture experience highly desirable
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong Excel skills
To apply to this highly commercial and exciting opportunity, please get in touch!