Finance Business Partner
Salary £60,000 - £70,000 per annum
Consultant Daniel Connors
Date posted 24 May 20192019-05-24 2019-07-23 financial-services London London GB GBP 60000 70000 70000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Working with a leading Investment Manager, with circa £40bn AUM, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a firm in a business facing role. The successful applicant will need to have exceptional business and stakeholder engagement experience.
The role will provide financial management support to enable the business to deliver their strategic objectives within approved budgets;
• Act as a key stakeholder in the decision-making process by providing high quality financial analysis and support to senior management.
• Assist in the production and continuous improvement of monthly management information (MI), providing critical challenge, review and assurance. Work with stakeholders to maximise use of MI.
• Manage stakeholder input into the annual budget and planning process along with the quarterly reforecasting process, and provide support to budget holders throughout the process.
To deliver all aspects of the strategic planning process for the Investment Segment, in particular:
• Work with the management team and Finance to execute the strategic planning process, including the delivery of 3 year plan and budget. Identify and assess risks associated with the plans, including financial, resourcing and structural risks
• Work with the management team and Finance to develop the one year business, budget and resources plan to support the strategic plan for the Investment Segment
To provide ongoing support to the Investment Segment in delivering the approved plans, in particular:
• Act as a key stakeholder in the decision-making process by providing high quality financial analysis and support to senior management, including championing the Value for Money framework
• Provision of data to external benchmarking organisations and interpretation, summary and onward reporting of data received from benchmarking organisations
To improve understanding of key drivers of financial performance, increase forecasting accuracy and identify specific cost saving opportunities
• Develop tools to forecast variable compensation expenses based on headcount numbers, scheme performance and other assumptions to enable accurate forecasts during the year
• Work with budget holders for other key operating costs (Research, External Manager Fees, Data Services and Professional Services) to understand key cost drivers, track actual spend, analyse variances and identify opportunities for sustainable cost savings.
• Typically the job holder will have significant finance experience in an investment management or other financial institution of similar size and complexity to USSIM
• They will have experience of dealing with and influencing at executive level with the ability to introduce new ways of thinking and dealing with objections.
If this is a role you would be interested in please feel free to call me on 02075098271 or apply above.