Finance Business Partner
Salary £55,000 - £60,000 per annum
Consultant Hugh Almond
Date posted 07 March 2019 2019-03-072019-05-06 accountancy Manchester Greater Manchester GB GBP 55000 60000 60000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
The Organisation Robert Walters are currently sourcing a Finance Business Partner for a renowned professional services business based in Manchester. The client that we're representing are currently going through a significant period of growth and have recognised the need to improve their commercial finance offering. The business are currently in the midst of driving through a number of key initiatives and require commercial business partners to hit their challenging growth targets.
With an established financial reporting team already in place the business that we're representing are in need of a highly commercial finance business partner to work across a range of internal functions. Once in role the candidate will also be assisting the business in the following key areas:
- Deliver insight, analysis and recommendations to assist with commercial decision making processes
- Deliver detailed commercial analysis and models focussing on emerging trends in the sector
- Provide high level management information and commentary across a range of commercial programmes
- Take a lead on all aspects of budgeting, forecasting and financial planning
- Liaise with a range of finance & non-finance stakeholders to manage the delivery of financial projects and KPI’s
- Lead of the development of commercial financial models focussing specifically on ‘So What’ and ‘What if’ scenarios
- Deliver commercial models focussing on capturing efficiencies, improving processes and delivering an improved return on investment
- Provide accurate financial and management information to the executive team
- Stakeholder engagement across the project and executive team to ensure that heads are aware of the financial consequences of their decisions
- Liaise with a range of project finance teams to ensure that programmes are delivering in line with projections, project spend is controlled and deadlines are hit
- Deliver a return on investment and business assessment covering key internal projects
- Production and preparation of project steering packs for the executive board
Candidates wishing to apply for this role will be a CCAB Qualified Accountant with extensive experience of working as a commercial finance business partner ideally within a professional services environment. The candidate will demonstrate strong commercial analysis and modelling skills and will have a background of delivering commercial recommendations within a large organisation. The candidate will have highly developed system skills (ideally advanced excel and Power BI) and will have the ability to produce complex models that enable the business to improve its commercial decision making.
The candidate will have strong communication skills and will be able to liaise with a range of stakeholders and present complex financial information in a simplified way. The ability to liaise with and manage high level stakeholders is also a critical feature of this role.