Salary £55,000 - £65,000 per annum
Location Greater ManchesterFULL_TIME
Consultant Hugh Almond
Date posted 11 February 2019 2019-02-112019-04-12 utilities Manchester Greater Manchester GB GBP 55000 65000 65000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
The Organisation Robert Walters are currently seeking an FP&A Manager for a rapidly growing service business based in Greater Manchester. The organisation that we are representing have recently been through a departmental reorganisation and are looking to recruit the FP&A Manager as a new role into their existing finance structure. The business have a European presence and have a number of large scale projects that are critical to the advancement of the organisation. The business are in a strong financial position and have incredibly healthy financial projections for the year ahead. Sitting within the organisational head office the business require an individual who’s able to partner with the FD and take ownership for the FP&A function.
Once in role the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the FP&A division. The candidate will take responsibility for reporting the financials, delivering key analysis to the senior management team and challenge the existing processes and organisational performance.
Key responsibilities include;
- Assist the financial control manager with aspects of monthly and quarterly reporting
- Deliver the monthly reporting packs, analysis and commentary to the senior management team
- Business partner with key stakeholders to understand, identify and deliver key business drivers and performance indicators
- Assist with the delivery of all budgeting and forecasting information
- Analyse and manipulate large quantities of complex financial information
- Analyse organisational results and deliver recommendations on current and future company performance
- Devise and deliver continuous improvements programmes across the organisation
- Identify internal efficiencies and improve all internal controls and processes across the organisation
- Ensure that internal stakeholders have clear and simplified financial information to enable them to make strategic decisions
- Lead of the delivery of a number of key efficiency projects across the organisation
- Manage a small team of three part and fully qualified accountants
Candidates wishing to apply for the FP&A Manager role will be a CCAB qualified accountant and will have had extensive exposure of working in an FP&A environment (ideally within a leadership position) in a services environment. The candidate will be a strong communicator and will have the ability to business partner and influence across a large, complex, multi layered organisation. Experience of co-ordinating budgeting and forecasting processes, analysing large quantities of information and delivering recommendations to key internal stakeholders are critical skills for this individual to possess.
The successful candidate will have a good working knowledge of SAP and possess strong Excel skills as they will be expected to manipulate large quantities of financial information and deliver simplified financial information to key finance and non finance stakeholders. Experience of managing a team and delivering improved efficiencies across an ever changing larger organisation are key skills to take into this role. The candidate will be highly resilient, ambitious to develop, have the ability to work under pressure and business partner with a range of colleagues across the entire of the organisation.