Head of FP&A
Salary £65,000 - £75,000 per annum
Consultant Marcus Pratt
Date posted 05 February 2019 2019-02-052019-04-06 accountancy Accrington Lancashire GB GBP 65000 75000 75000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
A leading FTSE listed business are currently looking for a Head of FP&A due to continued period of growth and acquisition. This role will report directly into the Finance Director and will be pivotal in annual budgeting process and strategic analysis.
Robert Walters are currently working with a FTSE listed business that has quadrupled in revenue over the last five years achieving significant growth across a variety of new and existing product lines. Due to this continued period of growth an opportunity has arisen for a Head of Financial Planning and Reporting. This role reports directly to the Finance Director and will be instrumental in the annual budgeting process, quarterly forecasting, insightful strategic analysis across multiple sites and developing
- To develop the short and medium term financial planning and reporting strategy.
- To initiate, design and develop a meaningful reporting suite to enable all levels of management to fully understand and monitor performance of all elements of the business;
- To develop, standardise and embed current financial planning and reporting processes with the business;
- To ensure all reporting deadlines are met, and to assist in working towards and achieving goals for all elements of the business;
- To liaise with management, to understand their information requirements and to present and interpret data and analysis produced;
- To help support effective use of financial planning and reporting outputs as opposed to simply providing reports;
- To take a joint lead role in planning and delivering the both annual budget and strategic three-year planning processes;
- Management of a small team of reporting analysts;
- Liaising with and fostering good relations within other areas of finance and the business;
- Supporting the continuous improvement of processes within the broader finance team.Performance Indicators
- Development and delivery of financial planning structures and associated outputs
- Building, improving and delivering finance information for multiple business segments
- Development of business wide KPI reporting structures
- Improved integration of subsidiary business units into core financial planning and reporting structures
- Overall accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting
- Internal customer satisfaction performance of the Financial Planning and Reporting team
The successful candidate will be Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA) with a strong commercial focus in order to understand the demands of the business around financial planning and reporting. Knowledge of ERP implementation and applications would be advantageous. Broader experience within specific data analysis, presentation and reporting tools is a integral to this role.
If you would like more information about this opportunity then please contact Marcus Pratt on Marcus.Pratt@robertwalters.com or call 0161 240 7462 for a confidential conversation.