Commercial Finance Manager
Consultant Emily Roberts
Date posted 18 January 2019 2019-01-182019-03-18 hospitality-and-catering London London GB SE10 8JA GBP 60000 65000 65000 YEAR Davy's of London Wine Merchant www.davywine.co.uk
Robert Walters are delighted to be working exclusively with Davy's of London Wine Merchants to source a Commercial Finance Manager to be based in their Greenwich head office (easily accessible by DLR & South Eastern Rail).
Davy’s is a fifth generation, family-owned and run wine merchant business, founded in 1870. It pioneered the wine bar concept in London, with bars such as The Boot & Flogger which remain ever-popular. Today the company operates 28 bars, including Davy’s Wine Bars, five El Vino Wine & Tapas Bars, Factory House (grill restaurant and bar) and slow meat and barbecue concept, Lazybones.
Davy's continues to sell wine through its two stores in Greenwich & Holborn and online via their website (www.davywine.co.uk). The company also has a growing wholesale business, selling to other bars, hotels & independent wine merchants across London.
Davy's prides itself on excellent service in its bars and dining rooms, quality food, and of course, wines!
- Lead management and financial accounting team
- Commercial analysis
- Management accounts
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Performance monitoring
- Asset control
- Ad-hoc projects and tasks
Duties and key tasks:
- Site performance analysis; revenues, costs, margins
- Monitoring and commercial insight into KPIs: gps, wages, general overheads
- Analysis of category and product profitability
- Analysis of session profitability
- Stock control, analysis and reporting
- Completion of accurate management accounts (supported by team members)
- Cash flow & rolling forecasts
- Preparation of budgets
- Accounts review, analysis and reconciliation
- Allocation and analysis of non-core business such as samples, wine fairs, tastings
- Ad-hoc commercial projects including building a suite of reports to provide financial insight
- Business partnering with operational management and senior leadership
Key Competencies required:
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA or equivalent)
- Hospitality/retail or related sector experience
- Ability to problem-solve
- Experience with NAV or Business Central (preferred)
If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity, please click to apply or email me at Emily.Roberts@robertwalters.com.
*Alternatively, if you aren't interested in this opportunity but know someone that may suit, we offer £200 referral vouchers for every candidate referred and successfully placed so please share amongst your network!