Finance Business Partner - Commercial Finance
Salary £50,000 - £51,000 per annum + Bonus and Additional Benefits
Consultant Rikesh Mehta
Date posted 22 November 2018 2018-11-222019-01-21 accountancy UK Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
Finance Business Partner – Commercial Finance Watford, Hertfordshire £50,000 + Bonus
Robert Walters are excited to be partnering with a reputable and ever-expanding retail business in Watford, Hertfordshire. We are assisting our client with their search for a Finance Business Partner in a newly created position which will help support the Commercial Finance function through growth and expansion in their UK division. This is a rare and exciting opportunity.
The Finance Business Partner will provide Financial Planning, Analysis and Insights needed to inform and enable the business leaders to take key decisions to achieve ambitious growth, whilst also supporting financial systems enhancements and profit driving initiatives.
The Finance Business Partner position will focus on key areas that will take responsibility for the following:
- Gathering and analysis of business intelligence to provide key performance insights and trends to the business leadership team on a weekly, period, quarterly basis.
- Provide the necessary analysis, reporting and support to the Operations Directors in the preparation of monthly board meeting presentations / packs.
- Support the business promotional forecasting for inventory ordering purposes.
- Provide promotional campaign analysis and insights to support operations in driving business performance.
- Update and re-forecast budgets for each of the UK Brands.
- Continually reviewing business systems in use to identify ways to streamline and improve business efficiency.
- Develop recommendations for leadership consideration which drive improved and sustained business performance.
- Lead and participate in identified projects as required.
The Finance Business Partner will have full autonomy in this position. This role will evolve daily and ad-hoc additional responsibilities will present itself in an ever changing and fast-moving industry. The Finance Business Partner will report directly to the business directors in a stand-alone role.
This is a unique and challenging opportunity. Progression and responsibility will not be limited.
Required skill set:
- Degree educated with recent CIMA/ACCA qualification or passed finalist.
- Analytical and business partnering experience in multi-site Retail or F&B sector preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a proven track record of developing and maintaining relationships.
- Experience in financial, economic and statistical analysis and modelling.
- Ability to explain complex finance matters to non-finance business partners.
- Attention to detail, with a natural prowess for data analytics with a demonstrable ability to develop impactful presentations that can influence at a senior level.
- Strong data analysis skills, along with Sage and MS Office experience, advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- An ability to work under pressure, to self-manage, lead simultaneous work streams, and identify priorities.
- Comfortable working in an environment of consistently competing priorities.
- Flexibility to travel and hold a valid Driver’s License.