Salary £45,000 - £50,000 per annum
Consultant Marcus Pratt
Date posted 19 November 2018 2018-11-192019-01-18 accountancy UK Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A growing city centre business is currently looking to add a Financial Analyst to a fantastic team. This role requires someone with a strong background in Financial Services with strong analytical skills.
I’m currently looking for an excellent candidate to join a growing team for a well-established and forward-thinking company based in Manchester. The purpose of this position is to assist in the preparation, development and analysis of key management accounting information and reporting to ensure that the department makes well-informed decisions to ensure future stability, growth and profitability.
Aid the completion of the monthly management accounts, ensuring all information is accurate and variance analysis against Budget & Forecast is comprehensively explained.
Production and analysis of the Group Executive MI to the Board, with key emphasis on accurate financial reporting and providing initial high level commentary.
Preparation and review of Divisional management information packs for submission to Divisional MDs.
Preparation of weekly and monthly reporting as applicable.
Assist and provide support to the Group FP&A Managers across all divisions, helping them to drive changes, improvements and additional analysis as and when required.
Be a key player in the budget & forecasting process, including specific ownership of all cost lines and building key relationships with Cost Centre owners at all times.
Assist in development and streamlining of the various Monthly Packs.
Various ad hoc tasks as and when required.
Key Essential Experience / Skills Required:
- Competent at providing accurate and timely information to a high standard, within tight deadlines and timeframes, whilst managing multiple stakeholder needs.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working within accountancy/finance based roles.
- Financial Services / banking background desirable but not essential.
- Analytical with commercial and financial acumen, organised with an eye for detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment, comfortable and adaptable to continuous change.
- An ambitious individual with an appetite to be part of a growing company, wanting to understand the key business drivers in order to enhance their own skills whilst adding value. Willing to analyse and challenge financial information at all levels.
Minimum Qualifications & System Skills Required:
- Qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA).
- Medium/Advanced user IT skills – strong data management and advanced Excel skills, and familiarity with accounting reporting systems (Cognos TM1)