Salary £18,000 - £22,000 per annumFULL_TIME
Consultant Robert McShane
Date posted 01 November 2018 2018-11-012018-12-31 accountancy UK
An exciting opportunity for a Finance Assistant has recently become available with a leading business based in south Birmingham, within the Financial Planning and Analysis team you will play a pivotal role in the business.
Key Responsibilities of the Finance Assistant
This role will role will see you develop your experience around reporting, analysis and working with operational teams to suggest improvements to the way financial information is captured. This is a highly commercial role which will see you develop a breath of experience.
- Ensure accurate and obvious errors rectified prior to submission
- Participation in flash call and follow up on any actions requested
- Consolidation of weekly flash reports
- Weekly P&L reporting for new contracts against plan to ensure hitting targets
- Ensure new units incorporated into reporting
- Answer queries and support with accounting entries
- Preparation of review files
- Update monthly reporting packs with commentary on variances
- Ensure all business reports are produced accurately and on time
- Understanding of systems and uploading of files ensuring all information loaded correctly
About you as the Finance Assistant
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills
- Team player who is able to work flexibly and adapt in a constantly changing environment.
- Demonstrates an enthusiastic and motivated attitude with a willingness to learn and develop.
- Excellent communication skills with experience in reporting
- Must have strong organisational skills with a flexible approach and a ‘can-do’ attitude. Demonstrates an ability to establish priorities and react quickly and professionally.
To express your interest, please email why you believe you are right for this role and your CV to Robert.firstname.lastname@example.org