Financial Planning and Reporting Analyst
Salary £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Consultant James Owen
Date posted 06 August 2018 2018-08-062018-10-05 accountancy UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
I'm looking to recruit a new Financial Planning & Reporting Analyst to join their evergrowing team based in their new distribution centre near Burnley, Lancashire. This role will report directly into the Financial Planning and Reporting Manager, the primary function of the role is to help improve and deliver accurate, timely and insightful financial reporting information both into the business and to the parent company.
My client is of Europe’s largest and fastest growing tech distribution and specialist service providers with 2018 turnover in excess of £3 billion. They partner with over 350 global technology brands and over 14,000 resellers, e-commerce operators and retailers across Europe. The business is currently going through an exciting period of change and expansion that includes moving to a new state of the art distribution centre in Burnley, replacement of an existing Oracle ERP system with SAP and rolling out an ambitious acquisition strategy. The client is a subsidiary of a FTSE 100 company, specialising in international sales, marketing, distribution and business support services, employing over 10,000 people worldwide with an annual turnover of in excess of £14 billion.
I'm looking to recruit a new Financial Planning & Reporting Analyst to join their evergrowing team based in their new distribution centre near Burnley, Lancashire. This role will report directly into the Financial Planning and Reporting Manager, the primary function of the role is to help improve and deliver accurate, timely and insightful financial reporting information both into the business and to the parent company. This role is wide ranging and would be ideal for someone looking to move out of practice, or a commercially minded qualifed accountant looking to make their next move.
- Support the timely and accurate weekly reporting such as forecasts, KPI’s, headcount reporting etc.
- Assist in developing and producing a meaningful reporting suite to enable all levels of management to fully understand and monitor performance of all elements of the business.
- Undertake detailed financial investigation and analysis into key areas on an ad-hoc basis. For example, post-acquisition analysis, project investment appraisal, vendor profitability.
- Help develop robust business modelling tools to be applied to existing business areas, acquisitions and potential new business ventures.
- Assist with the production of financial and operational KPI’s across all functions of the business with the view to deliver new and useful reporting that is meaningful.
- Assist with the co-ordination of monthly management and board reports, continually seeking improvement and automation.
- Support the annual budget, subsequent forecasts and business planning process.
- Liaising with and fostering good relations within other areas of finance and the business.
- As a new team within the finance function, a key focus area will be looking to service and facilitate other departments across the business to help with their reporting requirements.
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Commercial awareness
- Highly motivated to achieve
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Able to build strong working relationships
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified accountant
- Previous experience with data analysis, presentation and reporting tools
- High attention to detail and an ability to work quickly and accurately
- Knowledge of working with ERP applications
- Strong skills with Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
- Demonstrable experience of dealing with high volumes of data
- Ambitious nature with the desire to progrees within a truly dynamic company
- Good communication skills with ability to tailor communications to the appropriate audience
- Good time management and organisational skills
- First time leavers from practice backgrounds considered.
If you would like to here more about the role, including the unique benefits on offer please apply directly via this advert, call me direct on 0161 240 7483 or send an email to me at James.Owen@RobertWalters.com.