Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Salary £60,000 - £80,000 per annum + Benefits
Location Milton Keynes
Consultant Harsa Abeelack
Date posted 16 July 2018Robert Walters United Kingdom
A financial services business based in Milton Keynes are looking for a commercially focused, Financial Planning and Analysis Manager who thrives on new challenges, possesses true entrepreneurial spirit and enjoys working in a fast-paced, highly flexible environment.
A financial services business based in Milton Keynes are looking for a commercially focused, Financial Planning and Analysis Manager who thrives on new challenges, possesses true entrepreneurial spirit and enjoys working in a fast-paced, highly flexible environment. This is a role for a talented professional who has a passion for success and excels at performing detailed financial and business analysis/reporting.
The ideal candidate will have a strong academic background, and experience in financial services FP&A or strategy roles. They will possess strong qualitative and quantitative analysis skills and have an intuitive understanding of the business drivers and metrics that affect revenue and results.
Key Responsibilities & Objectives
Develop and create advanced excel models from scratch to forecast and report business performance
- Working closely with the business leads to define and monitor the pricing strategy
- Lead the financial planning and analysis for a set of new credit card products
- Perform ad-hoc business analysis to drive and improve the product’s performance
- Works with Marketing on implementation of promotions to ensure that promotional pricing is consistent with the overall pricing strategy
- Help identify and implement processes, systems and support which improve on-going business operations
- Research, and analyse business opportunities and competitive dynamics
- Help identify, analyse and develop opportunities for successful new products in line with the longer-term strategy
Degree from a top university
- ACA/CIMA/ACCA qualified accountant
- Demonstrated expertise in finance analysis and pricing (developing financial models from scratch, analysing financial statements and collating management information)
- Experienced analyst within UK financial services, preferably with experience of credit card products
- Significant understanding of the expectations and ongoing requirements of operating in a FCA regulated environment
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel, and planning tools - proven ability to build comprehensive financial models
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with senior management team
- Strong quantitative analysis skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of staying on track and pursuing solutions with limited supervision
- Ability to cope with the ambiguity that is consistent with the start-up of a new product
- Strong project management skills
- Self-motivated and able to work to tight deadlines
Please apply or alternatively contact Harsa Abeelack on 07826 859650 or email: Harsa.firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.