Finance Business Partner
Salary £300 - £350 per day
Consultant Alex Cabezas
Date posted 03 July 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A fantastic value add interim opportunity as Finance Business Partner in a market leading retailer, based in Essex. Providing commercial support and insight aiding decision making.
My client, a market leading retailer based in Essex, are looking to hire an interim Finance Business Partner, reporting into the Head of FP&A, to provide analytical and critical insights to support to the key decision making process within the Operations team. This role should bring credible challenge to the business, by business partnering with operations, H.R., I.T., FP&A and the regional/commercial managers.
Forecasting & Forward Planning
- Manage the end to end forecasting and budgeting process for the Operations, IT & Central directorate
- Provide meaningful analysis and explanations of any material variances.
- Constructively challenge the team to deliver efficiencies.
- Ensure a collaborative and transparent forecast is delivered with complete buy in at all levels.
Provide analytical support the operational and central departments for
- Contract negotiation.
- Store performance.
- Branch wastage & other loses.
Project and Ad-hoc Support
- Provide financial challenge, analysis and insight in all major projects impacting the Operational & Central Team.
Skills & experience required:
- Qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA), with a minimum 3-4 years post-qualified experience in commerce and industry
- Experience covering FP&A, commercial finance, and business partnering with finance as well as non-finance people, especially operations.
- Experience working in the retail or FMCG sector is essential, and a must for this role.
- A flexible and adaptable approach to their work, high level of integrity and ability to focus in on the detail to deliver high standards of work.
- Experience of working with financial and non-financial persons and demonstrate the ability to manage and influence decision making across the organisation.
- Taking the lead in partnering with key business leaders to providing the insight necessary to drive the business to success.
- Drive efficiency in processes throughout the business as required.
If you feel your skill-set fits the above criteria, and available at short notice, I would be keen to hear form you. Please do apply and submit your CV.