Commercial Finance Analyst
Salary £40,000 - £45,000 per annum + 15% bonus
Consultant Andy Chaplin
Date posted 19 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Reporting into the Finance Director, this is a hugely exciting role where you will gain a holistic understanding of Finance and support the Finance Director on a wide range of tasks.. Furthermore, you’ll also business partner our key business functions including our Commercial, Ecommerce, Marketing, Distribution and Property teams to provide valuable insight and help them make the right decisions. The role also brings management responsibility as you will work with 3 staff to support you throughout.
This opportunity will suit you if you are keen to challenge yourself and take on new skills. You’ll have the chance to use your initiative but at the same time be under the guidance of the Finance Director who will be able to guide you along the way.
You’ll also be responsible for:
- Operate closely across the relevant stakeholder functions to generate daily/weekly/monthly financial reporting in a consistent and timely manner to support decision making.
- Provide clear insight into cost management across all functions vs budget - reviewing invoices, managing PO control processes and challenging where necessarily.
- Support in delivering forecast and budgets across store estate and central functions
- Support operations team within warehouse and ecommerce to drive efficiencies, reduce cost and drive profit.
- Build relationships with the Group Central Functions in order to improve efficiencies
- Gain and maintaining a strong understanding of current processes and make suggestions of where improvements can be made
- Support in producing board packs and providing insight into weekly / monthly / quarterly performance
What we’re looking for
To be considered, you will either be qualified or a finalist in an accountancy qualification (ACCA/CIMA). You’ll need to be commercially minded and be able to communicate effectively at all levels of the business. You’ll also need to be highly ambitious and have shown exceptional levels of progress in your career till date then this could be the role for you. In return, we can provide you with a competitive salary and long term career development.