Senior Commercial Accountant
Consultant Isabel Evans
Date posted 06 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
My client, a FTSE listed real estate giant, are recruiting for a Senior Commercial Accountant to join their stunning offices in Central London.
The Senior Commercial Accountant is an extremely high profile position, taking complete ownership for a number of key assets from a commercial finance perspective.
The role involves business partnering with the portfolio directors, running the budgeting and forecasting process, monthly reporting to external stakeholders, as well as management of a team of three.
Prior team management experience is therefore vital, as well as proven business partnering ability and excellent communication skills.
Key responsibilities include:
- Full ownership for several key assets, including any development activity that may occur.
- Full ownership of the month-end reporting process, as well as specific portfolio related responsibilities.
- Produce timely management information for inclusion in the monthly business unit management information pack.
- Full ownership of the budgeting and forecasting process for assigned assets.
- Coordinate production of, and review, the five year asset plan and quarterly asset plan reforecasts.
- Ensure compliance with key reporting deadlines.
- Provide high quality finance support to asset managers and development managers.
- Understand the strategic impact of decisions that are being made in relation to the asset with regard to the wider market.
- Year end and half year end reporting.
- Coach, develop and motivate a team of qualified/part qualified accountants.
- Assist with ad-hoc accounting projects, special reviews and additional reporting.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA or overseas equivalent)
- Relevant business partnering experience in a commercial environment
- Previous team management
- Strong Excel skills
- An interest in the real estate sector highly desirable
To apply for this fantastic opportunity with a true industry leading business, please get in touch!