Finance Process Improvement Lead
Salary £450 - £500 per day
Consultant Marcus Pratt
Date posted 04 April 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Currently working with a Global client that is currently going through a Financial Transformation project and needs extra resource within the function, this role with will be working on SAP to Group Consolidation system project
Finance Process Improvement Lead – Macclesfield - £450 to £500 per day
Principal Accountability's of the role :
This Finance Process Improvement Lead is dealing with the finance transformation project. This position will comprise of both Project and Business as Usual responsibilities. Having reporting lines through Finance Transformation, and working in the Group Financial Reporting (GFR) team to maximise insight into this complex and material area of consolidation, this will provide strong links between GFR and Finance Transformation resulting in participation in BAU month end Group reporting activities to support improvement initiatives in this area.
The role holder will:
- Reconnect SAP to Group Consolidation System
- Ensure the PURP process meets the objectives of the overall FT programme and is designed in conjunction with the Planning and Management Reporting team and the Business teams, to ensure alignment.
- Manage the Business review and sign off the new / amended PURP process across all relevant stakeholders.
- Support development of new training material in conjunction with the Business Change team.
- Support the calculation of the group adjustment for Provision for Unrealised Profit in Stock (PURP) and the completion of the key monthly reconciliation between statutory and management cost of sales (‘The Gap’).
- Lead the management reporting of PURP and associated analysis, supporting Operations with improvement initiatives in this area.
- Run necessary workshops and meetings with relevant stakeholders
- As a member of GFR, you will assist in the preparation of the Annual Report & 20-F; Interim Financial Statements and Press Releases.
- You will undertake a full review of existing activities and drive simplification and continuous improvement of the Group reporting systems, process and reports.
- You will prepare quality financial analysis and develop recommendations to remediate reporting errors and complexities.
- As a member of Group Financial Reporting, you will liaise regularly with many internal stakeholders and our external auditors.
The role holder will work collaboratively with:
- Other GCS Design workstream colleagues and wider GCS team colleagues.
- Other FT and Business Workstreams in order to deliver solutions, resolve issues and ensure dependencies are managed
- Operations Finance
Expert in process design within Finance (both within Visio and Powerpoint)
Proven track record in complex, global organisations
Strong understanding of financial accounting and statutory consolidation. Experience of PURP preferable but not mandatory.
Knowledge of standard Finance processes and or experience in working with Finance Business teams
Ability to work well in and across diverse global teams
Previous experience of working with Multiple internal customers to deliver coordinated approach
Manage risks and issues and identify which require escalation to Project Management
Influencing, networking and team working skills
Knowledge of common application platforms used in AZ, either in AZ or elsewhere.
If you would like more information about this Finance Process Improvements Lead opportunity, then please contact Marcus Pratt on 0161 240 7462 or Marcus.firstname.lastname@example.org