Finance Projects Manager
Salary £55,000 - £60,000 per annum
Location Greater Manchester
Consultant Timothy Gorman
Date posted 19 February 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A private equity owned leading European manufacturing business is seeking to hire a Finance Projects Manager. The business is a leader in a wide range of markets, supplying a vast range of materials for a wide spectrum of comfort and technical applications and markets including automotive, construction and packaging.
Principal responsibility is to plan and execute discrete projects to deliver excellence in all Finance activities, in order to support the growth and development of the business.
Responsibilities will include the following;
- Systems development – develop and deploy new and existing technology across Finance activities to drive efficiency and enhance processes. Systems will include those deployed at Head Office (consolidation systems, dashboard reporting etc) and those across the business (ERPs etc).
- Support FP&A activities – work with the GFC to execute effective financial planning processes across the business and deliver improvements to budgeting and forecasting activities.
- Enhance reporting processes – create and maintain reporting decks and tools that facilitate fast, accurate and insightful reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
- Finance process improvement– continuously assess Finance processes across the business with a view to maximising efficiency within Finance operations.
- Business development projects – work with commercial leaders in the business to provide Finance support into business opportunities, for example developing financial projections, creating dynamic business models, building business cases etc.
- Data capture and analysis – support the Finance team in managing data collection processes for specific projects/requirements.
- Cross-functional working– collaborate with Treasury and Tax to deliver team-wide improvements in processes.
- Support GFC – support the GFC as required on other specific projects/areas.
Key features of the role include;
- Responsibility for delivering a variety of finance-led projects that support the wider business.
- Project planning, management and execution.
- Extensive use of technology to deliver flexible solutions to multiple stakeholders across the business.
- Analytical support to GFC & wider Group Finance Team where appropriate in a variety of routine and ad-hoc projects
- Working in a highly visible role with senior management and other teams (IT, procurement etc).
- Coaching and supporting other Finance team members.
- Expected to cover for other Finance team members during absences as required.
- Qualified accountant with 3-5 years PQE
- Highly creative, with an ability to generate, critique and realise ideas that create value in the Group Finance team.
- Experience of working in a FP&A environment, with significant exposure to forecasting activities and financial modelling.
- Extensive experience of systems development (ERP, consolidation tools, dashboard development)
- Proven ability to deliver projects of all sizes – either alone or with a wider team.
- Advanced Excel skills (macros/VBA, formulae, financial modelling)
- Preferable to have a good understanding of database principles and experience of working with large datasets and multiple data sources.