Consultant Mike Browne
Date posted 25 October 2016
A leading retail business are looking for a Commercial Accountant to join their impressive operation in Manchester. This role will report into the impressive Commercial Finance Manager within a rapidly growing finance team.
Commercial Accountant Responsibilities
- Daily and weekly reporting of business performance with comparisons to forecast and previous time periods
- Managing budgets for key areas of responsibility – distribution, retail and wholesale
- Developing reporting for newer areas of the business – retail/wholesale
- Ensuring that monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts are delivered to deadlines with provision of supporting analysis
- Preparation of monthly analytics for inclusion within the monthly management accounts and to assist the core finance team with variance analysis
- Developing a good understanding of all areas of the business to reduce key dependency risks
- Building relationships with key departments to support budgeting and forecasting
- Work with key departments on an ad hoc basis to assist in the decision making process
- Provide ad hoc analysis in a timely manner to support business development
Commercial Accountant Requirements
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualification
- Strong analytical skills
- Previous experience of and strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Previous experience of basic SQL preferential
- A background within management accounts or financial analysis
- Experience in a Retail environment would be a large benefit
This is a superb opportunity for an ambitious, commercially-minded finance professional to join one of the North West's fastest growing businesses.
If you are interested in this role then please contact Mike Browne on email@example.com or 0161 240 7400.