Financial Modelling Analyst
Consultant Jason Shaw
Date posted 10 October 2016
A market leading transport organisation based in London are looking for a Financial Modelling Analyst to join their changing finance function. The business continues to report excellent success and has forecasted to continue to do so in the future, making it an exciting time to join.
As Financial Modelling Analyst at their head office in London you will report into senior management as part of a team that supports the business in modelling and pricing. The role will offer a huge amount of exposure with direct exposure to senior stakeholders.
- Maintaining and updating long term forecasting model for the shareholders
- Assisting the production of quarterly forecast and budget
- Producing bridge analysis and explanation for variance from budget and changes models
- Assisting with analysis and production of presentation materials for the Banks and Rating Agencies
- Producing capital investment forecasts
- Ad-hoc analysis for the management
- The post holder will also provide financial analysis to make strategic decisions and to demonstrate value for money for the shareholders.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Update and maintain models with the agreed set of long term assumptions. Ensure any changes to the model are made in a controlled manner.
- Production of quarterly reports to the shareholders with detailed explanation for variance to the value of the company including bridge analysis.
- Production of Capital investment forecast
- Ensure tax model is updated regularly to ensure accurate quarterly tax payment by liaising with Tax manager.
- Production of information pack for the banks and rating agencies
- Assist in treasury activities (which may include, for example, the execution of hedging) and the provision of accurate and relevant information on a timely manner.
- Ensure appropriate level of gearing and cost of funds are forecast
The successful Financial Modelling Analyst will:
- Be a qualified Accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA or overseas equivalent)
- Have strong business modelling and reporting exposure
- Have strong business and commercial acumen
- Have the ability to analyse data and issues and present practical solutions to identified problems in a clear manner supported by sound reasoning
Please click to apply.