Corporate FP&A Controller
Salary £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits
Consultant Dan Simmonite
Date posted 07 October 2016
As one of the world’s leading luxury womens wear brands, ESCADA stands for modern elegance, cool glamour, and sensual femininity. The brand provides a distinct sense of refined quality, workmanship, and excellent fit and is characterised by colour, print, and the love for detail.
The Senior Financial Planning & Analysis Controller is a key role in development and standardisation of business reporting as well as managing budget and forecast cycles across the business. This role is exposed to senior management roles like CEO, CFO and SVP Business Strategy & Controlling.
Senior Corporate FP&A Controller Responsibilities:
- Perform Special Projects to further automate information gathering or reporting to gain efficiencies in the department
- Perform Special Projects to create other reporting that would be beneficial to our leaders
- Develop and maintain the Group budgeting and forecasting model; developing an efficient and automated forecasting and reporting process to be used by regional Finance teams when submitting information to Group finance
- Provide monthly analysis by business areas of performance against budget/forecast and what this means in detail for the balance of the year, highlighting risks and opportunities and preparation of insightful commentary for management reporting
- Analyse together with the current and past KPI trends to identify risks and opportunities in sales, margin and stock in collaboration with other finance business partners
- Ensure global alignment of reporting packs and manage reporting requirements of overseas subsidiaries
- Manage a small team and coordinate shared responsibilities
- Ad-hoc / deep dive analysis to develop insights that will lead to better business decisions
- Work with the BI team to ensure data integrity in business reporting and further development of the Cognos BI
- Build forecasting models for key business areas to support in identifying risks and opportunities
- Analysis of quarterly seasonal sales and gross profit information for senior management
You will have:
- Minimum 5 years of job experience in a similar role in Retail and/or brand FP&A (This level of experience is intended as a guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role)
- Proven independent work in quantitative analytics, performance tracking including knowledge of typical processes, methodologies, and tool
- Extensive planning and analysis experience – leading budget process for a complex business
- Knowledge of setting standard reports and implement them
- Proven analytical skills and managing large data from multiple sources
- A strong financial knowledge and comfortable working with senior management
- University degree in Business Administration / Finance / Controlling
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA (or equivalent) qualification
ESCADA stands for fashion dressing women appropriately for every occasion. The brand offers a lifestyle concept filled with everything from must-have everyday items for business and leisure to red carpet occasions. The ESCADA woman is naturally drawn to the limelight and loves a feminine and glamorous yet fresh, modern style. ESCADA are now looking to setup a pan-European finance function and have chosen Manchester as its location. One of the number of exciting roles we are recruiting is an Senior Corporate FP&A Controller, a pivotal role in this exciting new finance project.
All third party applications will be forwarded to Robert Walters plc.
Apply below or to find out more about the Senior Corporate FP&A Controller job at ESCADA please contact our retained agent Daniel Simmonite at Robert Walters plc on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 161 214 7400.