Salary £70,000 - £80,000 per annum
Consultant Jonathan Kerr
Date posted 03 August 2022northern-west accountancy-finance/financial-controller 2022-08-03 2022-10-02 accountancy Manchester Greater Manchester GB GBP 70000 80000 80000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Robert Walters are excited to be representing a hugely successful, market leading media business as they look to appoint a high calibre Financial Controller; a newly created role as part of a transformation project.
Sitting within Group, this role will see you utilising strong technical (IFRS) knowledge and excellent communication skills to build strong working relationships with the FD’s across Europe, viewing and bringing together the wider business.
• Build strong working relationships with the senior leadership team (international) across the Group.
• Ensure all Group policies (including accounting, tax and treasury) and key controls are adhered to internationally.
• Lead monthly Balance Sheet Reviews with the finance team and regular reviews with international FD’s.
• Ongoing review and development of processes and controls around monthly and annual reporting of legal entities.
• Work closely with Business Finance teams on rolling out business change initiatives and advise on implications of updated technical accounting standards.
• Review the UK Subsidiary Accounts, liaising directly with the wider finance team team and business teams to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the legal entities.
• Work with the Head of Financial Reporting to determine the appropriate accounting driven from changes in accounting standards and/or policy changes and feedback to the business as required.
• Assist Head of Financial Reporting to provide technical accounting expertise to the division, especially in relation to revenue recognition.
• Provide answers to complex statutory accounts, audit and technical queries back to the business.
• Manage ad-hoc activities such as co-ordination of internal and external audits, and requests from Business Finance Directors and Business Partners.
• Ideally ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified with a minimum of 3 years’ PQE.
• Audit practice experience is desirable.
• Excellent communication skills ideally with the ability to gain buy in from stakeholders internationally.
• Ability to interpret financials into meaningful insights, to inform decision making and deliver against key metrics.
• High standard of technical accounting knowledge, UK GAAP & IFRS, with a particular expertise in statutory reporting & preparation of consolidation accounts.
• Experience of working with external group auditors in relation to the Group Consolidation process & production of financial statements.
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 per annumLocation: CheshireDate posted: 26 July 2022Robert Walters are excited to be representing a highly reputable technology organisation in Cheshire on a permanent, remote basis. Our client is looking for someone with strong technical accounts knowledge and strong analytical skills to assess and present financial information clearly. You will be responsible for assisting the business in implementing effective and efficient financial practices as well as being heavily involved in the day to day running of the organisation’s accounts. Our client is offering a high degree of flexibility in terms of remote working and with the business growing rapidly there is an abundance of internal opportunities for a solid career progression path.
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 per annumLocation: City Of ManchesterDate posted: 13 July 2022High growth business operating in the engineering and construction space have created a new role for a qualified (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) Financial Controller to join their leadership team. This will the businesses first hire at this level within finance as they look to bring their accounts in house, to further support their growth plans.
Salary: £55,000 - £65,000 per annumLocation: CheshireDate posted: 15 August 2022My client, a leading PE backed leisure company in the North West, are looking to recruit a Commercial Finance Manager.
Salary: Excellent benefitsLocation: OldhamDate posted: 11 August 2022Robert Walters are excited to be partnering with a leading, international manufacturing provider in Manchester. We are looking for a driven Management Accountant to take ownership of the day-to-day accounting responsibilities and production of the management accounts for the US subsidiary.
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000 per annum + Excellent benefitsLocation: City Of ManchesterDate posted: 09 August 2022Robert Walters are excited to be partnering with a leading services provider in Manchester. We are looking for a driven Financial Account to take ownership of the Company’s Fixed Asset activities and to join and lead an established finance team with the opportunity to make an impact on the business and its clients.