Salary £70,000 - £80,000 per annum + 6k Car Allowance
Consultant Dave Yate
Date posted 21 July 2022midlands accountancy-finance/financial-controller 2022-07-21 2022-09-19 accountancy Birmingham West Midlands GB GBP 70000 80000 80000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Our client, a leading multi-industry organisation is looking for a driven and forward-thinking Financial Controller to head up the finance department and support their continued growth trajectory. The Financial Controller will be responsible for conducting financial analysis and business performance reviews on an ongoing basis, to co-ordinate and support the preparation of budgets, to prepare and review investment proposals and to fulfill ad-hoc and special group related reporting requirements.
Key Responsibilities for the Financial Controller
- Management oversight of all aspects of the finance function (AR/AP/VAT/Fixed Assets/General Ledger/Job costing/Customer Profitability Analysis/IFRS compliance/Cost Centre management, Budgeting & Productivity reporting)
- Provide financial support, reporting and guidance to the senior management team (and the rest of the business)
- Month end closing of management accounts and reporting both to local management and at a corporate level
- Statutory and external reporting (ensuring adherence to Group Guidelines)
- Support RFQ responses and financial modelling of charge/cost proposals; governance of proposed new or contract amendments to mitigate risk and financial exposure
- Profitability Analysis - Responsible for accurately reporting the profitability of the business (on a client basis) monthly with re-forecasts quarterly
- Supervise and develop the reporting and monitoring of departmental cost centre spending including UPH metrics and activity-based costing drivers
Key essentials of the Financial Controller
- Extensive experience in all areas of accounting (E.g., ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) with a minimum of 7 years PQE
- Significant experience as a user of ERP systems (SAP Hana4) with extensive knowledge and understanding of best practice in financial reporting
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to think laterally with a strategic perspective
- Able to convey complex data and concepts to all levels of the organisation and to achieve agreement with key stakeholders and decision makers in a manner that they can understand
At the Robert Walters Group, we endeavour to contact all candidates to register their details. However, due to the high number of applications we receive, if we have not reached out to you within 72 hours, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 per annumLocation: BirminghamDate posted: 05 August 2022A family owned SME are recruiting a financial controller to report to their Managing Director, oversee the company's financial performance, and guide its accounting operations. You would be the go-to person in finance with a small team reporting into you.
Salary: £75,000 - £85,000 per annumLocation: StaffordshireDate posted: 28 July 2022Our client, one of the fastest growing leisure and hospitality businesses around the UK are recruiting a Financial Controller to report to their Chief Financial Officer on all financial and accounting activities whilst overseeing the financial department team daily.
Salary: £70,000 - £75,000 per annum + 6k Car AllowanceLocation: BirminghamDate posted: 21 July 2022Our client, a leading multi-industry organisation is looking for a driven and forward-thinking Financial Controller to head up the finance department and support their continued growth trajectory. The Financial Controller will be responsible for conducting financial analysis and business performance reviews on an ongoing basis, to co-ordinate and support the preparation of budgets, to prepare and review investment proposals and to fulfill ad-hoc and special group related reporting requirements.
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 per annumLocation: BirminghamDate posted: 15 July 2022Our client, an e-commerce organisation with a global footprint are looking for a Senior Financial Accountant to act as a technical expert on complex and specialist subject(s) whilst supporting management with the analysis, interpretation and application of information.
Salary: £70,000 - £75,000 per annumLocation: CannockDate posted: 13 July 2022An exciting opportunity has become available for a technically strong and analytical Financial Controller to join an upcoming and rapidly growing FMCG business in a time of unprecedented growth. This role will report to the UK Finance Director based in London and will support the expansion of the business and control of the finance team.