Salary Competitive package
Consultant Robert Patterson
Date posted 04 December 20192019-12-05 2020-02-02 hospitality-and-catering Luton Bedfordshire GB LU1 3TQ GBP 50000 60000 60000 YEAR Luton Hoo Hotel https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/client-job-logos/luton-hoo-hotel.jpg
An exciting opportunity for a Financial Controller at Luton Hoo Hotel Golf & Spa, one of the country's finest five-star hotels, paying a highly competitive package based in Luton.
Currently exclusively representing Elite Hotels group recruiting the newly created position of Financial Controller to take ownership of a highly successful multi departmental finance function at Luton Hoo Hotel Golf & Spa. The role will suit a commercially astute Financial Controller passionate about growing the bottom line whilst successfully partnering all various external departments across a multi-site complex.
Luton Hoo Hotel Golf & Spa is one of the country’s finest five-star hotels, is set in the heart of 1,065 acres of historic gardens and parkland. With our two rosette Wernher Restaurant and award-winning Adam’s Brasserie, we are committed to delivering hospitality to the highest standard. Our five-star facilities include a luxurious spa, championship golf course and state of the art conference/events facilities
- Have full ownership of the Finance department, with regards to management reporting, business partnering, cashflow and financial accounting, dealing with high volume transactions
- Partner with the General Manager and external departments; Analysing and adding insight on variances from budget to the wider team throughout the financial year.
- leading a team of 6 direct reports; whilst being a role model, leading on all financial management across the Business and within the Accounts Department.
- Ensure the hotel operates profitably in line with budget and providing effective management of stock control, payroll and purchasing across all areas of the Business.
- Ensure statutory compliance including, but not limited to, areas such as VAT, PAYE, Payment practices legislation
- With the aim to drive financial growth across an SME high end hospitality environment.
- Responsibility for driving improvements in productivity and accurate completion of the monthly payrolls in accordance with Company policy and statutory requirements
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified or qualified by experience
- Commercially astute accountant with good technical grounding
- Self-starter with ability to be proactive and drive continuous improvement within finance
- Strong analytics and insight ability with various ERP systems
- Confident communicator and partner to various department heads
- Track record of mentoring and managing a team within a fast-paced environment (minimum 2 years+)
- High end hotel and hospitality experience is highly desirable
Could this be you? If so, please apply below or conversely email me to arrange a confidential conversation on email@example.com