Assistant Finanical Controller
Salary £60,000 - £70,000 per annum
Consultant Marcus Pratt
Date posted 29 November 20192019-11-29 2020-01-28 accountancy Manchester Greater Manchester GB GBP 60000 70000 70000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Robert Walters are current working with a global leader that specialises in e-commerce retail in a fast-paced environment with a rapidly growing portfolio. Due to a strong period of growth a new role has been created to support the financial controller in the day to day operations and activities of the finance team.
Robert Walters are current working with a global leader that specialises in ecommerce retail in a fast-paced environment with a rapidly growing portfolio. Due to a strong period of growth a new role has been created to support the financial controller in the day to day operations and activities of the finance team.
This is a pivotal role for the business as the assistant financial controller will take ownership of the timely production of statutory and financial reports, work closely with the FC with the preparation of short term and long term forecast cash flow and mentor, coach and develop the finance team.
- Support in the maintenance of financial ledgers accounting processes
- Support in the preparation of monthly P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow
- Timely production of statutory and financial reports
- Cash management and treasury duties
- Ensure returns for corporation tax, VAT and other relevant taxes are submitted, payments made on time and all relevant regulations are complied with
- Active management of overheads whilst seeking out areas for efficiencies for savings
- Assist in providing relevant and timely financial information to the Board to enable a balanced and objective assessment of the Company’s strategy and objectives
- Collaborate in the execution of the Finance strategy with your global colleagues in the US, Japan and European markets.
- Reporting to US colleagues regarding monthly P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow
- Supporting the leadership of a multi-functional finance team including the management of 6 direct reports
- Capable of providing clear and concise direction to your team, during month end, whilst also being able to look ahead to the next month
- Enable and empower your team to drive efficiencies across the Finance team
- Implementation of a change management culture by challenging and replacing established processes and procedures where necessary
- Ensuring that appropriate systems and internal controls are implemented and maintained
Knowledge and experience
- Qualified Accountant ACA/ACCA/CIMA (or equivalent)
- Highly capable to motivate, develop and manage your team and drive efficiencies
- Strong desire to strive for improvement, simplification and automation of processes and procedures.
- Resilient Customer focus and strong analytical and financial skills
- Good Communication skills and exhibit excellent professional ethics
- Good attention to detail and good judgment showing logical decision making
- Computer literate with good excel skills and solid understanding of accounting software principles.
If you would like to take advantage of this position or would be interested in hearing more about the business then please contact Marcus Pratt on 0161 240 7462 or email Marcus.Pratt@robertwalters.com for immediate consideration.