Group Financial Controller
Consultant Hugh Almond
Date posted 29 November 20192019-11-29 2020-01-28 health-and-safety Cheshire Cheshire GB WA4 4GE GBP 70000 75000 75000 YEAR Virgin Care https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/client-job-logos/virgin-care.png
Virgin Care has partnered with Robert Walters to recruit a Group Financial Controller to provide financial control and management, direction and guidance. This is an integral appointment, supporting the business as they continue through a period of growth and transformation. The Group Financial Controller role is a key position within the senior finance team at Virgin Care reporting directly to the Director of Group Finance, based in our Daresbury hub in Cheshire.
About Virgin Care
We partner with the NHS and local authorities to deliver publicly funded health and care services the Virgin way, so that we can invest in the communities we serve, make a positive difference to people’s lives and help secure publicly funded health and care for the future.
Virgin Group has been investing in our partnerships with the NHS and local authorities since 2006, and since then the Virgin Group has invested £60m (and growing) in improving the quality of patient care and efficiency, investing in technology to give clinicians the freedom to treat more patients and develop new clinical pathways and methods of care.
The central functions within Virgin Care are dynamic, fast paced and always striving for better. A collaborative approach between our corporate functions enables us to provide the best support to our clinical teams across our services.
Group Financial Controller
You will be responsible for undertaking all aspects of financial management, including regulatory and financial reporting as well as developing and monitoring an effective control environment, whilst providing strategic information and advice to key stakeholders across the organisation.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Assuming responsibility for the year-end financial reporting processes across multiple UK entities, ensuring accurate production of financial reporting statements
- Overseeing the audit process, ensuring deadlines are met and accurate information is provided to the Group's auditors on time
- Managing the relationships with tax advisors to ensure we optimise the provision of tax services and obtain best value and quality
- Formulating and ownership of all financial control policies including periodic review and group wide compliance monitoring
- Ensuring compliance with IFRS Standards and the implementation of any new or revised accounting standards
- Building strong and trusting relationships within the business with stakeholders at all levels and key external stakeholders including auditors, tax advisors, HMRC and bankers
- Supporting the Group Finance Director in driving and managing change across the department
Skills and experience required
The Group Financial Controller will have a strong financial reporting and controls background with the ability to improve current processes, troubleshoot and encourage best performance across the team.
Your skills and experience will include the following:
- Qualified ACA Big 4/Top 10 practice trained professional with significant technical expertise
- A proven background in statutory accounts preparation and review
- Good working knowledge of Corporation Tax and VAT preparation
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with the ability to deliver with others
- Ability to articulate complex financial information in a concise, informative manner
- Demonstrable experience of managing and developing a team
If this looks like your next career step, apply below, or contact Hugh Almond at firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 161 240 7469 to learn more about the opportunity.