Operational Financial Controller
Salary £70,000 - £80,000 per annum + car + bonus + excellent benefits
Location Milton KeynesFULL_TIME
Consultant Callum Laurie
Date posted 28 November 20192019-11-29 2020-01-27 fmcg Milton Keynes Buckinghamshire GB GBP 70000 80000 80000 YEAR Lantmännen Unibake https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/client-job-logos/Lantmannen-unibake.gif
An exciting opportunity for a Senior Operational Financial Controller at a leading international firm, Lantmännen Unibake, based in Milton Keynes with a salary of £70,000 - £80,000 per annum + bonus + car allowance/company car and excellent benefits.
Robert Walters has partnered with Lantmännen Unibake in Milton Keynes to recruit a Senior Operational Financial Controller with a salary of £70,000 - £80,000 per annum + bonus + car allowance/company car and excellent benefits.
Lantmännen Unibake is a leading international bakery group with expertise in frozen and fresh bakery products for food service and retail. They serve consumers around the clock and across the world every day, as one of the largest bakery groups in Europe operating across 20 countries.
Their strategy is to grow organically and through acquisitions - with recent acquisitions, they now run 101 production lines. Their key focus is their global position, with a growth plan to become the largest bakery group globally.
As this is a key senior appointment for their Finance team, they are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Operational Financial Controller to join and support them on this exciting journey in Milton Keynes. You will require exceptional relationship management and leadership skills to successfully build rapport and develop strong internal relationships with senior operational leaders across the UK business.
Key responsibilities of the Operational Financial Controller:
- Directly partner with Operational heads, acting as their financial ‘go to’, providing insight and visibility to drive financial performance.
- Monitor and analyse department work to develop more efficient and scalable procedures and the best use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Ownership of strategic plans and operational budgets, including the communication of these to the business and consistent reviews.
- Development of cost monitoring and modelling including the forecasting, actuals and variances.
- Becoming a driving force in the investment program.
- Gaining oversight of capital expenditure, ensuring accuracy and reviewing viability.
- Lead, develop and support a team of accountants.
Operational Financial Controller candidate requirements:
- A commercially astute and strong communicator with a focused drive for success and best practice.
- A Qualified Accountant with significant PQE and proven ability to manage all accounting related functions with strong operational experience.
- A successful career to date, with good career trajectory in either a manufacturing or FMCG background. (Essential)
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, good judgement and common sense.
- A comprehensive understanding of both standard costings and capital expenditure.
- Advanced user of excel (ability to develop and maintain complex financial models).
The Operational Financial Controller role includes a salary of £70,000 - £80,000 per annum + bonus + car allowance or a company car + excellent health cover, a fantastic pension scheme and generous holiday.
Interviews will be taking place week commencing 9th December.
If you are interested in the role, please apply now or contact Callum Laurie at email@example.com.