Financial Controller - Operations
Salary £70,000 - £80,000 per annum + car & bonus
Location Milton KeynesFULL_TIME
Consultant Callum Laurie
Date posted 25 October 20192019-10-25 2019-12-24 accountancy Milton Keynes Buckinghamshire GB GBP 70000 80000 80000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Our Client, an impressive organisation in the FMCG sector that have gone from strength to strength in their international and national presence. Their continuous growth is being supported by an ambitious strategy of acquisitions and organic growth and now they are looking to recruit a Financial Controller with a focus on Operations.
With this being a key appointment and senior member to their Finance team; an experienced operational Financial Controller will be needed to join them on this exciting journey. You will require exceptional relationship management and leadership skills to successfully build rapport and develop strong internal relationships with senior operational leaders across the UK business.
- Directly partner with Operational heads, acting as their financial ‘go to’, providing insight and visibility to drive financial performance.
- Monitor and analyse department work to develop more efficient and scalable procedures and the best use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Ownership of the strategic plan and operational budgets, including the communication of these to the business and consistent reviews.
- Development of cost monitoring and modelling including the forecasting, actuals and variances.
- Becoming a driving force in the investment program.
- Gaining oversight of capital expenditure, ensuring accuracy and reviewing viability.
- Lead and develop a team of accountants.
- A commercially astute and strong communicator with a focused drive for success and best practice.
- A Qualified Accountant with significant PQE and proven ability to manage all accounting related functions with strong operational experience.
- A successful career to date, with good career trajectory in either a manufacturing or FMCG background.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, good judgement and common sense.
- A comprehensive understanding of both standard costings and capital expenditure.
- Advanced user of excel (ability to develop and maintain complex financial models.
This organisation recognises that if they want to be seen as the best, they need to offer both an attractive package and an exciting opportunity. Please do not hesitate in applying.