International Financial Controller
Salary £135,000 - £160,000 per annum
Consultant Dan Jackson
Date posted 23 September 20192019-09-24 2019-11-22 financial-services London London GB GBP 135000 160000 160000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading trading, share dealing and investment services firm are seeking an International Financial controller. They are looking for an experienced individual who will bring an immediate credibility of the day to day operational workings of the finance function.
The International Financial Controller will be a senior member of the Finance leadership team responsible for the development of a global team of financial controllers to support our ambitious growth strategy, as well as playing an active role in the leadership of the finance function generally.
You will innovate and drive change, overseeing the continuous evolution and improvement of finance processes. Therefore, strong leadership and interpersonal skills with an ability to quickly establish good working relationships across the business will be crucial.
Given the scale, complexity and international nature of the business, a proven track-record of working within a matrix structure is also important. This individual must have a firm grasp of IT and systems. You will be able to shape the output of the finance team through an understanding of how to manipulate data and create the appropriate processes.
- Overall responsibility for financial control at each of our subsidiaries around the globe, including local financial accounting; client money and assets; regulatory reporting; and production of statutory accounts
- Liaison with Group Finance teams to ensure that Group policies – including Client Money and Assets, Cash and Capital Management, and Dividend policy are understood and implemented at local subsidiaries
- Providing assurance and advice in financial control matters to Business Finance Director and CFO
- Leading a team of International controllers based in Australia, Asia, Europe, London and Chicago to build efficient scalable processes to support our growth plans to develop best practices and leverage resources across finance to ensure. This will include:
- creation of a finance hub in globally aligned regions;
- identifying additional opportunities for existing offshore hubs
- Strengthening relationships and interactions between local and central finance teams including Treasury, Tax, Group Reporting and Group FP&A
Experience and qualifications:
- ACCA/ACA or international equivalent
- Experience leading Global teams
- Managing key financial resources
- Extensive people management
- History of partnering with business stakeholders
- Experience building robust financial control frameworks
- Regulatory change
- Experience in technology based/driven businesses
- C level experience
Please do get in touch with email@example.com with an updated CV and a suitable time to contact and discuss.