Group Financial Controller
Salary £70,000 - £75,000 per annum + Benefits
Consultant Dan Cohen
Date posted 19 September 20192019-09-22 2019-11-18 it London London GB GBP 70000 75000 75000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
My client is a high grown technology business based in Old Street. First and foremost, this role offers ownership, with the CFO keen for the right candidate to build a finance function as they see fit. To this end, the candidate in question will have varied exposure to guiding group strategy, growing a team, and implementing processes & procedures.
Following another year of growing revenue by over 40%, my client are now looking for a Group Financial Controller to report directly into the CFO. First and foremost, this role offers ownership, with the CFO keen for the right candidate to build a finance function as they see fit. To this end, the candidate in question will have varied exposure to guiding group strategy, growing a team, and implementing processes & procedures.
- Managing day-to-day finance operations, producing monthly management accounts, first draft Board pack and year-end reporting together with meaningful and informative financial commentary and forecasts.
- Work closely with the CFO to develop strategies to future-proof the finance function commensurate with the Company’s growth – including strategy related to financial systems, group structuring and potential international expansion.
- Develop and seek to improve management reporting systems making recommendations to the CFO..
- Budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis.
- Ensure appropriate levels of internal control. Developing process, policies and procedures and implementing changes where needed.
- Guide the day to day activities of the Finance team to ensure processes are followed; organise the department workflow, ensure that priorities and schedules of work are aligned to achieving the team objectives and developing the team.
- Owning Finance related KPIs within the management dashboard, reporting regularly to CFO.
- Work with budget holders to proactively manage actuals against planned spend and ensure the organisation has sufficient knowledge and information.
About the company:
The business in question is a high growth, PE backed, technology SME. For more information on the group, their remit and their story, please get in touch along the below lines.
- Fully ACA qualified
- Boasts 2-5 years’ experience from within industry
- Previous controllership experience is essential
- Experience working in a start up/fast growth SME environment is preferred
- Ability to lead and a grow a team of part qualified accountants
For more information on this opportunity/the business, please call me on either 02075098139 or 07770685125. Alternatively, please email an updated copy of your CV to email@example.com.