Group Financial Controller
Consultant Anna Penny
Date posted 12 September 20192019-09-12 2019-11-11 media London London GB GBP 100000 110000 110000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Our client is a London based, listed, award winning, UK-based multi-platform sports media group that delivers information, insight and interaction to professional and consumer markets, helping people and businesses improve their performance and achieve their ambitions. Their objective is to provide audiences and customers with the benefits of expertise and synergies around content, insight, globally recognised events and digital technology.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to join an ambitious, enthusiastic and innovative business which is focused on delivering rapid and profitable growth across a number of fast moving and changing domestic and international markets in stunning offices in London. It is a particularly exciting time to join as the business and the finance team have experienced a large amount of positive change. They have improved the structure of the group, improved processes, systems, efficiencies, opportunities for career progression, as well as driven cultural change. The finance transformation has been central to this and so a Group Financial Controller that can continue to "right-size" the team and continue this journey is essential.
Responsibilities of the Group Financial Controller include;
- The provision of support to the Chief Financial Officer, Exco, and leadership of the central finance team ensuring that the systems, processes and team are positioned to provide accurate, timely data, both internally and externally.
- To play a key role in shaping, developing and driving forward the finance function in partnership with the Chief Financial Officer.
- To deputise for the Chief Financial Officer when necessary
- Management of a central finance team that is seen as a business partner to each of the market portfolios.
- Manage PLC statutory reporting, including audit and compliance, and undertake preparation of investor presentations
- Management and delivery of all internal management reporting including monthly management accounts and re-forecasts, KPI measures, cash forecasts, budgets and long-term plans processes.
- Establish and maintain robust controls, accounting policies and best practice across the finance function.
- Challenge costs across the Group as it looks to continue to right size the business and improve margins
- Establish a culture of continuous improvement to ensure effective support to changing business needs.
- Drive development of group-wide finance and reporting systems.
- Development of strong commercial partnerships across each of the two market portfolios.
- Manage tax and treasury matters including bank modelling and covenant forecasting.
- Support across acquisition due diligence, financing and integration
The Group Financial Controller should be ACA qualified and preferably come from a UK listed environment. They will need to understand all aspects of reporting and FP&A, bring technical excellence with them and drive successful change. As the successful Group Financial Controller, you will need to be down to earth, a good communicator, and demonstrate credibility and gravitas at Board level. You will thrive in a constantly changing environment and have good management skills. They would ideally have some M&A exposure.