Private Equity Fund Controller
Salary £65,000 - £80,000 per annum
Consultant Mike Cellier
Date posted 11 September 20192019-09-11 2019-11-10 banking London London GB GBP 65000 80000 80000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading Private Equity firm are in need of a Fund Controller to ensure the Private Equity Fund’s they are responsible for have the appropriate financial and operational controls in place.
A fantastic opportunity at a global Private Equity firm based in London has become available. Reporting to the Head of Fund Control, the successful candidate will be a member of the Fund Control team, within the Fund Support function, responsible for ensuring the Private Equity Fund’s they are responsible for have the appropriate financial and operational controls in place and drive continuous improvement across the function.
Ensure all financial information and reports are reviewed and accurate, advising the Fund Administrators as required. Key reporting includes:
- Quarterly Fair Value process in accordance with IPEV Valuation Guidelines
- Quarterly NAV and capital account reporting
- Annual audited and interim financial statement
Co-ordination of fund flows and related investor communications, including:
- Oversight of the preparation of investor Call Notices for new investments
- Preparation of investor Distribution Notices
- Management of the Fund borrowing facilities
- Management of fund flows on completion and exit of investments.
- Management of FX hedging policy
Oversight of, and co-ordination with, the Fund Administration and Accounting functions based in other jurisdictions.
Co-ordination of external tax advisors i) throughout the life of the Fund to ensure all investments are structured efficiently
Deal facilitation across the various offices, including co-ordination of internal and external parties in-order to ensure optimal structuring of investments in accordance with the Fund documents. Liaising with the Deal Team, Lawyers and advisors to ensure investment and exit processes are followed and structuring is optimised for all stakeholders.
- Have experience of Private Equity Fund structures
- Have experience of IPEV valuation guidelines
- Have experience of liaising with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Used to a control environment providing independent verification
- Very strong communication skills
- Motivational and used to delivering process development
- Foreign languages an advantage, although not necessary
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/ACMA)
- Graduate – good degree from good university
- A qualified accountant with 3 - 5 years’ PQE, including at least 3 years fund accounting experience.