Deputy Financial Controller
Consultant Christopher Lloyd
Date posted 04 September 20192019-09-04 2019-11-03 retail Cheshire Cheshire GB GBP 70000 75000 75000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This rapidly growing organisation in Chester are looking for a Deputy Financial Controller to join the business in a newly created role with autonomy & responsibility for all aspects of accounting.
Working for an impressive Financial Controller, who's committed to your long term development, your core duties will include;
- Prepare all financial accounts and external statements
- Manage the audit process and day-to-day relationship with the external auditors.
- Prepare financial sections of the Group’s annual report.
- Prepare all subsidiary financial accounts.
- Prepare management accounts for all divisions and for the Group on a monthly basis. Including full P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow statement.
- Ensure accuracy of core databases of financial information that are used by broader finance teams for commercial analysis and insight work.
- Core revenue and cost data bases accurate and with strong controls over quality of data.
Design, operate and manage all transactional accounting
- Ensure efficient and effective transactional accounting.
- Develop ongoing process improvement and effectiveness
- Design & operate control environment.
- Test key controls on a monthly basis.
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Train and develop team to ensure well-trained and competent people in key roles and to deliver adequate cover for absences.
- Ensure tax compliance work and filings are up-to-date and accurate.
- Design & implement a documented process to ensure tax accuracy.
- Own day-to-day relationship with HMRC.
- Forecast, budget and report on tax costs.
- Develop and prioritise investment plans for key areas that can drive efficiency and automate controls, including P2P, payroll, expenses, billing
- Own detailed monthly forecast of working capital balances and cash flows. Review previous forecast accuracy and learning points.
- Own annual budgeting of balance sheet, tax, financing costs and cash flows.
- Ensure team well managed, organised and motivated.
- Senior qualified accountant with significant post-qualification experience in a management level role
- Given the focus on statutory and technical reporting it is anticipated that the applicant is likely to be ACA or ACCA (other qualifications will also be considered)
- Significant experience in Group reporting roles in a listed company and ideally some audit background
- Strong accounting and tax technical knowledge, including IFRS, UK GAAP, Corporation Tax, VAT and PAYE
- Demonstrable experience of managing people, systems and process improvement
- Ability to review and analyse complex issues, drawing out key matters of significance and interpret them in written or verbal communications to finance and non-finance stakeholders.
- The ability to form close working relationships with senior management, to be able to communicate at their level, understand their requirements, gain their trust and influence them where necessary.
- The ability to motivate and lead, with particular emphasis on coaching/development and fostering a culture of constant process improvement and review of output
This is a fantastic for any Financial Controller, Deputy Financial Controller or Finance Manager - looking for the opportunity to join a business that can offer genuine progression. With this role being newly created there will be huge opportunities for progression, with opportunities to make the role your own.