Accounting Policy Manager - London
Salary £90,000 - £110,000 per annum
Location City of LondonFULL_TIME
Consultant Richard Johnson
Date posted 22 July 20192019-07-22 2019-09-20 banking City of London London GB GBP 90000 110000 110000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Accounting Policy Manager – London A market leading financial services firm are seeking to hire an Accounting Policy Manager to take ownership of achieving consistency in application of Policy, methodology and assumptions across all legal entities over the next 18 months.
As Accounting Policy Manager, you will have the opportunity to set up and develop this area, working with the Executive team providing insight into the impact on performance of any changes in policies. You will be the accounting policy expert and first point of contact for all accounting policy related matters.
You will be responsible for:
- Educating the wider finance teams on both existing and changes in accounting policy where relevant;
- Ensuring appropriate impact analysis is performed for changes in policies, methodologies and assumptions;
- Ensuring appropriate change governance including maintaining an approvals process.
- Keeping up to date with changes in accounting standards, coordinating impact responses and recommending an appropriate course of action
- Own and ensure adequate controls are in place around accounting policies, methodologies and assumptions
- Represent the business at relevant industry working groups ensuring opinions are tabled and that the finance team understand industry wide issues
- Be the first point of contact for the accounting treatment of any M&A activity
The Accounting Policy Manager position will provide you with the opportunity to apply your experience to a relatively blank canvas, enabling you to make a meaningful impact. You will see immediately and over the long term, the results of the work you put in across the business. Given the level of the position, you will need to meet the below criteria:
- Have a professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA, etc)
- Experienced gained in a similar role either within Financial Services or a technical team within practice covering the financial services sector
- Working knowledge of IFRS and UKGAAP (USGAAP advantageous)
- Working knowledge of the PRA rulebook
- Ability to explain complicated accounting treatments in an easy to understand manner
Apply today or call me on 02075098834 to find out more.