Financial Controller (Travel sector)
Salary £65,000 - £75,000 per annum
Location West LondonFULL_TIME
Consultant Emily Roberts
Date posted 12 July 20192019-07-12 2019-09-10 travel-and-tourism West London London GB GBP 65000 75000 75000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Currently recruiting for a number 2 finance role within a boutique luxury travel business based in London. This is a broad Financial Controllers position reporting directly to the CFO. You will be asked to manage a team of 4 directly as well as supporting across all finance and commercial finance activities.
Currently looking for someone who can take on the responsibility for the daily and monthly processes to ensure the business maintains a high level of financial control as well as providing insightful analysis to the senior leadership team.
- Supervising a team of three. Ensure the daily tasks are completed in a timely and accurate manner and have responsibility for their workload.
- Review the monthly Management Accounts. Prepare a summary dashboard for Senior Management with commentary on any variances to budget.
- Review cashflow for all group companies in all currencies and prepare suggestions for cash management and foreign exchange.
- Responsibility for the management accounts for our separate branch company.
- Liaise and support the Management Accountant at our subsidiary company.
- Manage the full audit process from planning to completion meeting and sign off.
- Manage the finalisation of our financial statements.
- Assist in the production of the annual budget.
- Assist with the monthly Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet reforecasts.
- Assist with analysis for the Five Year Plan and prepare quarterly reports for the external Board meetings.
- Responsibility for our compliance with regulatory bodies (e.g. ATOL) including the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
- Main point of contact for external providers (e.g. banks)
Key requirements for the role:
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualified (or overseas equivalent)
- Practical experience within a finance function (ideally SME or Group Reporting function)
- Management of at least 1 junior (ideal)
- Previous ownership and management of the Financial and Management Accounts processes
- Travel experience (preferred but not essential)
If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity please click to apply or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org