Salary £400 - £450 per day
Location Hemel HempsteadCONTRACTOR
Consultant Alex Cabezas
Date posted 10 July 20192019-07-10 2019-08-09 accountancy Hemel Hempstead Hertfordshire GB GBP 400 450 450 DAY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A great opportunity for a French speaking interim Financial Controller to join a market leading business based in Hertfordshire.
Interim Financial Controller - French speaker required
The Financial Controller is primarily responsible for maintaining the integrity of the accounting records of the legal entities in Europe, for which they have responsibility, in accordance with local GAAP and IFRS. The role holder supports the monthly and quarterly accounting closing process, ensures compliance with statutory requirements and works with local management to ensure that business processes and controls are established and followed. The jobholder will work closely with the Finance team and Global Shared Service Centre (GSSC) to ensure accurate accounting.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for maintaining complete and accurate financial records for the trading of the L.E (s) activity in accordance with local GAAP and IFRS.
• Responsible for the Legal Entity control environment
• Communicating closely with regional finance lead and Country Business Leaders, ensuring timely, accurate and complete monthly reporting.
• The role holder will ensure that monthly balance sheet reconciliations are reviewed on a timely basis.
• Review of sales contracts and terms and conditions to ensure that revenue recognition criteria are met and reviewing purchase contracts/discussion with FD’s to ensure that liabilities are properly accounted for.
• Timely preparation of technical papers in respect of all significant one-off items
• Timely preparation of statutory financial statements and all other statutory filings
• Deal with matters raised by the statutory bodies in a timely and professional manner.
• Represent financial interests to stakeholders e.g. government bodies, tax authorities, PR, CFO networking.
• Participating or leading system, operational or process changes as required.
• Acting as the interface for internal and external audits and driving simplification and continuous improvement of financial processes.
• Working closely with the businesses on initiatives and advising on implications from a local GAAP and IFRS point of view. Support with adhoc requests and analysis as required.
• Providing financial support in respect of major decisions affecting the organisation i.e. strategic initiatives including pension and worker’s compensation issues, etc.
• Assisting with customer financing in line with approved corporate models and ensuring that rebates (conditional and unconditional), coop, promotion and inventory protection are properly accounted for where appropriate.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience and Certifications)
• Significant & demonstrable experience in Finance & Controlling role, in an international environment.
• Professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
• A good working knowledge of ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle or MS Dynamics
• Strong local GAAP & IFRS knowledge.
• Fluency in English & French required, Italian desirable.
• Needs to be able to build strong relationships with colleagues from businesses and external/other internal stakeholders.
• Experienced & effective business partner, challenging and driving accountability
• Must be goal and achievement oriented and be accepting of change and a champion of it within the work environment.
• Must be able to take responsibility in self-development and the development of others in terms of skills as the needs of the business evolve.
• Requires strong oral, written and formal presentation skills including ability to communicate complex ideas all whilst being creative, flexible and able to think "outside of the box".
• Significantly developed problem solving and analytical skills, combining good technical knowledge with good balance and judgement relating to accounting, financial and commercial issues.
• Must be able to work with outsourced and/or cross-functional teams to provide direction and successfully drive results.
• Must be able to work in and bring structure to ambiguous environments.