Salary £68,000 - £75,000 per annum + bonus, good pension, healthcare
Consultant Robert Patterson
Date posted 09 July 20192019-07-09 2019-09-07 accountancy Dunstable Bedfordshire GB GBP 68000 75000 75000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Excited to be recruiting a Financial Controller to join a growing SME firm based in Dunstable. My client has impressive growth plans for the next several years and has strong backing from the larger multinational parent company, this role is a great platform to become a finance director in the near future. Looking for a qualified accountant who has taken full ownership for the finance function and led a small team, whilst partnering with an MD and Board.
The Financial Controller will take ownership of financial and management reporting, in addition to the financial planning and analysis functions. Specific responsibilities of this newly created position will include:
- Oversight of day-to-day finance activities, weekly management reporting and month-end close, including ensuring all Group reporting deadlines are met and preparation of consolidated results are accordance with IFRS and Group accounting policies;
- Partner senior stakeholders up to board level and act as the number two to the Managing Director
- Confidently partner with operational arm of the manufacturing business
- Preparation of monthly, half-year and year-end reporting packs in ERP system, with detailed analysis of budgeted to actual performance and completion of supplementary schedules;
- Working with Senior Management locally to prepare the annual budget and reforecast submissions, ensuring that all required analyses and other ad-hoc requests by Group Finance are considered and completed in line with the Group timetable;
- Partner with Senior Management to develop appropriate sales and gross margin analysis to assist with monitoring the businesses performance.
- Leading a team to complete monthly accounting reconciliations, VAT returns and payroll processing; develop the team to ensure it can continue to meet the group reporting deadlines;
- Preparation of statutory accounts and lead year end audit process;
- Maintenance and development of a robust Internal Control environment across all locations;
- Providing thorough and constructive insight to operations and sales management, particularly in the areas of stock management and accurate reporting of gross margins on a monthly basis, review and approval of capital expenditures;
- Responsible for internal control environment and financial reporting; working with senior management to identify cost and operational efficiencies from combining these operations with common systems of control and reporting
- ACA/ACCA with 5 years+ post-qualification experience in a FMCG/Manufacturing or stock related environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills and ability to effectively interact with Senior Management;
- Self-starter with strong organisational and analytical skills;
- Ambition and interest in continuous learning, improvement and new challenges. Looking to progress to Finance Director in near future.
If this could be you or anyone in your network, apply below or email me on email@example.com