Head of Group Finance
Salary £90,000 - £105,000 per annum + Car Allowance, Bonus, Healthcare, Pension
Consultant James Dwyer
Date posted 28 June 20192019-07-02 2019-08-27 building-and-construction Brentwood Essex GB CM2 0PP GBP 90000 105000 105000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A key role in line with business strategy and vision.
The Group Finance team supports delivery of the Group’s strategy to continue profitable growth. The Head of Group Finance's team sets the agenda for the Group’s internal and external close cycle, and the Group’s annual and periodic forecasting cycle. The succesful Head of will ensure that there is a combination of strong technical expertise coupled with a strong understanding of the business.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Group Financial Controller in the leadership and management of all Group stewardship and internal and external financial reporting and related financial activities
- Collaborating on and reviewing monthly management accounts and all external reporting, including consolidated and subsidiary statutory accounts and related audit activities
- Working closely with the Group FP&A to ensure that there is a robust framework in place to support reporting requirements
- Owning monthly working capital reporting and KPIs to drive improvements and managing cashflow forecasting, including communication and reporting to banks
- Business partnering key senior stakeholders including the board
- Reviewing group accounting policies and process documentation prepared by the onshore and offshore team to ensure that it is fit for purpose, reflecting technical changes and internal developments
- Promoting and strengthening processes and controls by executing projects and leading on work to identify, develop, implement and monitor the effectiveness of process improvements
- Driving consistency, integrity, efficiency and process innovation throughout finance, reporting on activities to senior management, and where necessary to the Group Audit and Risk Committee
- Lead on performing ad hoc project work including group acquisition accounting, refinancing, etc.
- Provide commercial financial challenge and business analysis
- Managing for all head office accounting/plc accounting matters and business partnering activities, including review and submission of budgets/forecasts for the head office entities and liaising with Executive team members to ensure timely review of their cost centre budgets/forecasts and overall review with the Chief Financial Officer
- Motivating and leading, with particular emphasis on coaching/development to foster a culture of continuous improvement and review of output
Examples of how you will know you are doing a great job:
- You will be coaching and managing the team in ensuring that all internal and external deliverables are produced on a reliable, relevant, accurate and timely basis with constant focus on improvement and automation
- Excellent feedback from the Chief Financial Officer and Directors
- Valued and integrated member of the senior finance leadership team and Group Finance team
- Positive feedback from finance teams and Head Office functions in terms of support, also evidenced by proactive communications and consultations from them
Experience you have that will set you up for success:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with experience of influencing at all levels (up, down and sideways), whilst also skilfully coaching and guiding others through complex and challenging financial issues
- Good technical grasp including detailed knowledge of IFRS
- Ability to communicate financial information effectively, with clear analytical insights, to both finance and non-finance colleagues and keep stakeholders engaged on execution
- You will be motivated and enjoy working autonomously and have effective project management skills to ensure deadlines and conflicting priorities are managed
- You will be an experienced, open and collaborative leader, with experience of developing teams, and enjoy working as part of an open and friendly team, with demonstrable experience of commitment to delivery of wider team goals and getting hands-on under pressure
Ideal candidates wil meet the following requirements:
- Fully qualified ACA (or ACCA with audit experience) with substantial PQE. A background in an accounting services firm would be advantageous, with subsequent experience within industry in a group reporting role.
- You will have extensive knowledge of preparing financial results and developing management information and reporting systems