Head of Finance
Consultant Liam O'Flaherty
Date posted 14 June 20192019-06-14 2019-08-13 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain Leeds West Yorkshire GB LS1 5AA GBP 50000 55000 55000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting opportunity has arisen within a Transportation firm based in Leeds who are recruiting for a Head of Finance.
The successful candidate for the Head of Finance role will be working within the Leeds office as part of a much larger group and in an SME environment. While they will be reporting directly to the Managing Director, they will also have contact with the Group Finance Director and the Group Financial Controller.
The successful candidate in the Head of Finance role will hold full responsibility of the finance function while managing a small team of four people. Other duties include the following.
- Preparation of the Monthly Management Accounts, Year End Accounts and Balance Sheet
- Timely production of the Accounts in line with Group Reporting
- Commercial Reporting in terms of Profit Analysis and Variance analysis
- Overseeing the Accounts payable payments and smooth running of the finance department
- Review and monitoring of WIP/ accruals and job profitability
- Foreign Currency management
- Annual financial reporting to Group
- Liaising with external auditors
- Annual budget preparation and ongoing ad hoc forecasting
- Cash flow management and all aspects of banking facilities and relationships
- Statutory returns – VAT etc.
- Payroll and assisting the MD on HR issues
The ideal candidate for the role in the Leeds office will be a qualified accountant (CIMA/ ACCA/ ACA or Qualified by Experience). They should be happy to work in an SME Environment as well as having group exposure. In addition, strong analytical and staff management skills are essential. A candidate who has international experience is desirable and experience within the logistics industry and exposure to foreign currency transactions is preferable.
For further information on this Head of Finance Role in Leeds, please contact Liam O'Flaherty at Robert Walters (Leeds Office) on 07387 064 293 or email@example.com