Group Financial Controller
Salary £10,000 - £13,000 per annum
Consultant Isabel Evans
Date posted 06 June 20192019-06-06 2019-08-05 property-and-housing London London GB GBP 10000 13000 13000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
My client, one of the leading property companies in the UK, are looking to recruit a Group Financial Controller to join their head office in the City.
The Group Financial Controller will be a close number two to the Group Finance Director, and be a key member of the senior management team. This is a brand new position as the company continues to grow and adapt to new market conditions.
The successful candidate will have a strong technical finance background, ideally Big 4 ACA, with significant PQE working in a complex business.
The key focus for the Group FC will be on overhauling the current processes/systems/controls in place, which are outdated and inefficient. Experience of similar environments are essential.
In addition, the Group FC will be managing a substantial team, so prior team management and people development skills are vital.
Key responsibilities include:
- Evaluation of Finance Systems, Procedures and Processes
- Balance Sheet Reconciliation review and approval
- Management reporting and Monthly Exec Board Pack
- Ad-hoc management report requirements
- Asset Finance Commercial support and business partnering
- Transaction appraisal
- Contractual reconciliations and calculations
- Budget/Forecast activity
- Overseeing transactional Finance, looking after service Charge Budgets and Reconciliations
- Managing Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Credit Control, Bank Reconciliations, Lease
- Responsibility for Overhead Budget and Forecast Preparation
- Monthly reporting against budget, and variance explanations
- Provide support to the Financial Controller
- On-going team development and support
- Accounting for acquisitions and disposals
The ideal candidate will be:
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA preferred)
- Significant financial control experience in a complex business environment
- Comfortable leading change and delivering continuous improvement to processes, systems and people
- Experience with multiple financial systems
- Excellent communication skills with a variety of stakeholders and board level figures
- Extensive team management expertise
- Prior real estate knowledge preferable
This is a key hire for the business, so to apply please get in touch ASAP!