Group Reporting Manager
Salary £70,000 - £80,000 per annum
Consultant Isabel Evans
Date posted 05 June 20192019-06-05 2019-08-04 property-and-housing London London GB GBP 70000 80000 80000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
My client, a leading London property developer, are looking for a Group Reporting Manager to join their office in Cental London.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, the Group Reporting Manager will take complete ownership for the group reporting process, as well as in the preparation of the Annual Report.
The company is going through a lot of change at the moment, so this won't be your normal Group Reporting Manager role. There will be various ad hoc projects to get involved in, and close interaction with various senior stakeholders.
Leading a small team of qualified accountants, this is an excellent opportunity to join the senior leadership team of this exciting business, either from elsewhere in industry or from a Senior Manager role in practice.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the consolidation, preparation and review of quarterly group results under IFRS for presentation to internal and external stakeholders
- Play a key role in the preparation of the Annual Report (Glossies)
- Lead and motivate the Group Reporting team to meet or exceed its’ objectives.
- Providing technical support and advice on financial accounting matters for Board and auditor approval as and when required, ensuring changes in accounting policies and applicable standards are understood and implemented.
- Control and management of external audit relationship, internal audit, company secretariat and tax
- Lead and co-ordinate the key risk reporting process, including identification procedures, standardization and external reporting to stakeholders.
- Provide effective analytical review and understanding of key transactions at group level
- Review of statutory accounts for submission to stakeholders on an annual, bi-annual and quarterly basis as applicable
- Providing financial analysis of the group’s and competitors results as and when required. Review competitors’ results and disclosures and suggesting improvements to disclosures.
The ideal candidate will be:
- ACA qualified (Big 4 preferred)
- Prior group consolidation experience
- IFRS and UK GAAP knowledge
- Property experience highly desirable
- Strong Excel skills
- Previous team management or supervisory experience
To apply to this fantastic new opportunity, please get in touch!