Salary £65,000 - £75,000 per annum
Consultant Isabel Evans
Date posted 05 June 20192019-06-05 2019-08-04 property-and-housing London London GB GBP 65000 75000 75000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
My client, and internationally listed real estate company, are currently recruiting a Financial Controller to join their stunning Central London head office.
The Financial Controller will provide a close support to the Finance Director, whilst also working closely with the CFO and FP&A team. Managing a team of 4, this is an extremely high profile role, with senior level exposure and plenty of room to progress long term. The role will oversee the monthly reporting, planning, forecasting and variance analysis, as well as helping with ad hoc queries relating to audit and tax. In addition, there will be a major focus on making improvements to current processes, as well as being involved in a systems overhaul.
This is an extremely varied and high profile role, offering management opportunities, senior level exposure, and the chance to grow with a fast-moving business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare consolidated monthly management information for the business across the UK portfolio including review of key variances to budget.
- Ensure timely submission of financial and management account reporting.
- Responsible for the month end processes including reconciliation, payroll, direct costs and treasury.
- Completion of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist the Finance Director and Head of Financial Planning & Analysis in providing meaningful management reports to management for review.
- Prepare financial data/information on an adhoc basis.
- Take ownership for the preparation and management of the audit process.
- Act as one of the main points of contact for the auditors throughout the audit process.
- Take ownership for the preparation of the statutory accounts and corporation tax returns.
- Filing withholding tax & VAT returns
- Oversee and manage the day to day running of the accounts receivable and treasury process.
- Assist the Finance Director & Head of Financial Planning & Analysis in any financial modelling and support for other ad hoc projects / corporate activity.
- Manage a team of 4, driving a culture of performance and finance business partnership
The ideal candidate will be:
- ACA/ACCA qualified (or overseas equivalent), ideally from a Big 4 audit environment
- Experience of financial and management accounting
- Prior team management skills
- Passion/experience of real estate
- Hands on attitude, committed team player
- Ambitious, confident, strong communicator
To apply to this fantastic FC opportunity, please get in touch!