Interim Senior Accountant
Salary £300 - £350 per day
Consultant Alex Cabezas
Date posted 30 May 20192019-05-30 2019-06-29 accountancy Chelmsford Essex GB GBP 300 350 350 DAY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Interim Senior Accountant required for 3-6 months for market leader, based in Chelmsford.
Interim Senior Accountant
The role will primarily be to complete in a timely manner all aspects of tax and statutory filing requirements for various group companies, including quarterly reporting to their listed US parent. This will include completion of monthly routines and involvement in improving key processes. It will involve liaising with the commercial team with any tax queries for the location of their projects which can be all over the world.
The role will also involve having technical knowledge of local GAAP for our group companies and to understand how this can be adjusted from US GAAP.
- Manage the completion of year end accounts for all group companies. Conversion from US GAAP to FRS102 and other local GAAP will be required
- Preparation of all corporate tax returns for the group, including returns required for Tonnage Tax & tax returns for all overseas subsidiary companies
- Investigate tax rules for foreign countries where required
- Oversee the preparation of VAT for the group registration including Intrastat returns and EC Sales lists.
- Review all foreign vat annually to see if reclaims can be filed in various countries
- Monthly processes
- Assistance with any ad-hoc financial analysis
- Assistance with annual budgeting where required
- Prepare technical memos for any new standards or key accounting issues for senior management
- You may be requested to carry out supplementary duties or other duties not defined in this Job Description at various times as requested by the Company in order to ensure the smooth running of the department, or during periods of sickness, holidays or high volume of work. You may also on some occasions be requested to provide service outside your normal working hours, but these requests will not be unreasonable
- Qualified ACA, or ACCA
- Financial accounting experience is essential
- Strong organisation and process performance experience
- Ability to work in a deadline driven and multi-task environment.
- Pro-active and ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Knowledge and experience of UK corporation tax and VAT legislation, including preparation of tax computations, preparing VAT returns, Intrastat EC sales returns. (Experience of practical application would be beneficial). Knowledge of US GAAP
- Knowledge and experience of consolidation, including overseas subsidiaries and foreign currencies (Experience of practical application would be beneficial)
- Knowledge of IFS is an advantage