Salary £75,000 - £85,000 per annum + exceptional benefits
Consultant Callum Laurie
Date posted 17 May 20192019-05-17 2019-07-16 accountancy Cambridge Cambridgeshire GB GBP 75000 85000 85000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
Our Client, an impressive organisation that have gone from strength to strength in their global presence. Their continuous growth is being supported by an ambitious strategy of acquisitions and diversified revenue streams and now they are looking to grow their team with a newly created Financial Controller role.
With this being a key appointment and senior member to their Finance team; an experienced operational Financial Controller will be needed to join them on this exciting journey. You will require exceptional relationship management and leadership skills to successfully build and develop a relatively new team to provide first-class financial controls, reporting and compliance that will support ambitious, fast-paced regional/global growth.
- Build, lead and develop a relatively new Financial Accounting and support team
- Co-ordinate and lead the daily accounting function for the UK Region and act as the liaison to the Group Finance and other regional offices
- Implement, document and assess accounting procedures, internal controls and database management
- Monitor and analyse department work to develop more efficient and scalable procedures and the best use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Support the UK implementation of S4/HANA and global standardisation of associated business processes and work with various groups to provide support in data modelling and analysis
- Assist in the development and enforcement of accounting policy and procedures to ensure compliance with the organisations objectives and regulatory requirements
- Manage audit preparation and liaison with internal and external auditors
- Work on special projects such as lease reviews, purchasing contracts review, sales and property tax and prepare financial analytics to support these activities
- Work with M&A team on integration of finance activities
- Approve financial payments to suppliers ensuring there is a robust review process
- A strong communicator, a focused drive for success and best practice
- Strong leadership and can inspire, coach and mentor the UK finance team
- A Qualified Accountant with significant PQE and proven ability to manage all Accounting related functions with strong operational experience
- Hands-on experience in period end close
- Strong analytical skills, ability to work independently, attention to detail, good judgement and common sense
- Strong knowledge of the latest financial accounting and reporting developments
- Experience with SAP (or other major ERP systems) - ideally transformational/change project environment
This organisation recognises that if they want to be seen as the best, they need to offer an attractive package and exciting opportunities to attract the best. Alongside a highly competitive basic salary and bonus scheme, you will get a market leading benefits package.