Salary £70,000 - £80,000 per annum
Consultant Matthew Wickes
Date posted 16 May 20192019-05-16 2019-07-15 accountancy Camberley Surrey camberley GB GBP 70000 80000 80000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
Job Description The Financial Controller will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining the financial administrative function to ensure accurate and competent recording and reporting of all accounting activities and transactions across regions. The candidate should have experience of running the financial reporting and controls for either a listed business. There is a preference for this candidate to have a practice background having had past exposure within a BIG 4 accountancy firm.
Main Responsibilities of the Role:
- To direct the accounting and financial controls in all areas.
- Oversee and implement financial controls and procedures of facilities as the company moves and evolves.
- Establish and implement project budgeting and reporting.
- Supervise the financial accounting functions.
- Supervise the monthly and other periodic management reporting functions across all regions.
- Preparing financial data and analysis to assist various non-finance stakeholders across the business such as Management, Operations, Business Development and Sales, thus informing and influencing business decisions.
- Work closely with Operations to ensure regular and appropriate upgrading of the accounting system functionality to support and enhance the growth in the business.
- Establishment invoicing, creditor and inventory management procedures from multiple facilities.
- Supervise the operation of bank accounts and payments systems, and some Treasury operations.
- Establish Group Accounting Policies and practices, and oversee their implementation in the business.
- Global Tax planning, auditing, compliance and reporting.
- Oversee and re-engineer the annual budgeting and forecasting process.
- Preparing monthly reviews, identifying cost-saving opportunities through analysis and forecasting of ongoing operational performance.
Experience and skills required:
- Proven experience in a similar role in a multiple-site factory / operations environment.
- Should have experience in running the financial reporting and controls for a listed company.
- Flexible, creative and adept at bringing their experience, skills and talents to bear in a fast-changing and expanding operations business environment.
- The position is based in the UK, currently the Company’s office is in Surrey.
- Reporting directly to the FD based in the UK.
Education / Professional Qualifications
- At least a Bachelor’s degree from a reputable University in accounting and finance.
- Professional and related qualifications in Accounting such as ACA.
- Knowledge and practical experience of financial reporting standards.
- At least 5 to 10 years’ experience working in a similar capacity and role.
- Fluent English speaker.