Salary £50,000 - £60,000 per annum + negotiable
Consultant Christopher Lloyd
Date posted 24 April 20192019-04-24 2019-06-23 financial-services UK Robert Walters
This fantastic financial services organisation in Chester are looking for a technically strong Financial Controller/ Finance Manager to join the business in a role ideally suited for a 2nd time mover from practice.
Reporting to an impressive CFO/ FD, committed to your long-term development as the site continues to grow, your core duties will include;
- Statutory Reporting supporting production of annual financial statements of Regulated and Statutory entities, leading the statutory process, technical discussions and board sessions.
- Strong control role focus across multiple entities
- Accounting development work and leadership
- Support monthly reporting cycle including reporting pack production, various P&L, expense and balance sheet reviews across significant Regulated entities
- Monthly controls, covering legal entity close controls, suspense account reviews, balance sheet attestation, corporate cost centre review and intercompany break clearance
- Liaising with external auditors, providing directly and managing supply of auditable support from other functions.
- Assist on wide variety of ad hoc projects, both business and IT, from design, functional requirements, testing, to supporting implementation and procedures documentation.
- Provide technical expertise on all elements of company acquisition, liquidation, equity actions and restructures
ACA/ ACCA Qualified Accountant (or equivalent) with a large company or Practice Accountancy background & around 5+ yesrs PQE
Previous experience working in a Financial Controller/ Finance Manager level role
Previous managerial experience would be a distinct advantage, with the ability to delegate, develop & promote strong talent
Provide effective challenge and display confidence to challenge
Strong communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Ability to understand group accounting & consolidation
Experience of preparing statutory accounts (standalone and consolidated) and liaising with auditors
This is an outstanding opportunity for any technical accountant looking for the opportunity to step into a Financial Controller level role within a business that can offer genuine progression & growth opportunities.